Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 09:40 PM
Sarnak

Default Auto-split Rage

So this necro asks me to come duo bandits with him in lake rathe. I run there from Oasis, everything's good. I always have my split on out of courtesy and start looting, alternating the sashes.
I feel like something's off cause he's dead silent the whole time and seems pissed off about something, out of nowhere he gives me this wall of text about ninja looting the money and then /q'd.

I have never heard of this in my entire everquest play time. Am I missing something here?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-11-2019, 09:46 PM
Fire Giant

I'm not a huge fan of auto split, did you happen to notice or keep track of what your split was compared to theirs?

Drumas - 60 Cleric
Ashintar - 60 Wizard
Old 07-11-2019, 09:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashintar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not a huge fan of auto split, did you happen to notice or keep track of what your split was compared to theirs?
No idea.. I just did /split and went on. Never had any problems like this before. I figured it just split the difference 50/50?
Old 07-11-2019, 09:54 PM
Fire Giant

Ah I assumed you had /autosplit on, not just splitting. I'd say next time just let them know up front what you're doing so that there aren't any misconceptions about your looting.

Drumas - 60 Cleric
Ashintar - 60 Wizard
Old 07-11-2019, 09:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashintar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah I assumed you had /autosplit on, not just splitting. I'd say next time just let them know up front what you're doing so that there aren't any misconceptions about your looting.
Does auto-split not just split the loot equally? I don't understand why this would even be an issue.

I've dealt with monks who don't want it on because of weight but never because of the loot not being equally distributed.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:00 PM
Fire Giant

/autosplit doesn't split equally, the looter always gets the bigger portion. For instance in a 2 man group say the mob drops 3plat 0g 0s 0c, it has been a long time but I believe how it works is that the looter will get 2p and the other group member will get 1p, the game won't break it down into 1p 5g each.

Drumas - 60 Cleric
Ashintar - 60 Wizard
Old 07-11-2019, 10:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
/autosplit doesn't split equally, the looter always gets the bigger portion. For instance in a 2 man group say the mob drops 3plat 0g 0s 0c, it has been a long time but I believe how it works is that the looter will get 2p and the other group member will get 1p, the game won't break it down into 1p 5g each.
Damn... I did not know that I figured I was doing a favor just looting. Welp I guess his rage was justified. Sorry Wrotten! Wish you woulda said something before quitting bro!
Old 07-11-2019, 10:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachtMystium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does auto-split not just split the loot equally? I don't understand why this would even be an issue.

I've dealt with monks who don't want it on because of weight but never because of the loot not being equally distributed.
I dont think it works at all, but even if it does, nobody wants your dirty coppers so they can be encumbered every 5 minutes. Even in low level zones people generally ffa corpses at their camp. as long as nobody is greedy its not worth fussing about.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont think it works at all, but even if it does, nobody wants your dirty coppers so they can be encumbered every 5 minutes. Even in low level zones people generally ffa corpses at their camp. as long as nobody is greedy its not worth fussing about.
Well the idea was to loot the corpses so he wouldn’t have to but I guess it didn’t work out that way lol.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:21 PM
Planar Protector

Oh well. Pretty much everyone you meet 1-30 is intolerable and half of the people are after that. Then you join AM and it’s back to everyone.
Closed Thread