Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 03:23 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the type of topic I would like to have stickied in CLASS SUBFORUMS. Give them to us please!
Old 02-15-2011, 12:51 AM
Aviak

Here is the main thing you need to know about playing a wizard.

Our planar gear drops from Frightfingers in Plane of Fear. There's like 4 of them in the zone and they never drop shit. If they drop anything they drop the sleeves over and over. Roll a character that gets loot in Plane of Hate. You will be decked out in a couple weeks of raiding.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:55 AM
Banned

we really do need class forums.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:59 AM
Fire Giant

I thought this said "Wizard 101" woops
Old 02-15-2011, 03:50 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here is the main thing you need to know about playing a wizard.

Our planar gear drops from Frightfingers in Plane of Fear. There's like 4 of them in the zone and they never drop shit. If they drop anything they drop the sleeves over and over. Roll a character that gets loot in Plane of Hate. You will be decked out in a couple weeks of raiding.
Wizard perspective: there's actually like 5 fingers. You're usually the only wizard online at all, and by default the only wizard on the fear raid, so unless they make you roll better than 50 or looter gets to destroy it, your odds ain't terrible. Fingers actually drop loot quite frequently, given the small number of them in the zone. Plus you really only need Arms, Gloves, Hat, and (ESPECIALLY) Robe. Plus all the dang spiders in the zone drop cryo, which are perfectly acceptable subsitutes for pants, shoes, bracers, and only a small tick off on gloves and hat. And they also drop that nifty shield. While you may need to roll on that, most raid leaders with a soul are going to tell mages to f*ck themselves and it's up for grabs between the wizards and necros.

Speaking of necros, the blighted drop rate makes carmine feel like woven shadow. Necros got even more of a gripe here.. Being a necro on a fear raid is like being a wizard on a fear raid, except there's actually 10 others wizards there rolling against you.

Believe me, it could be far, far worse.

If you want to focus your energy into something a little more positive, try and get gimp newly 46 shadow knights guilded so your guild is forced to waste another hour plus pulling the temple needlessly for amys in order to get you a shot at that one last finger by the zone out. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:13 AM
Planar Protector

what did the five fright fingers SAY TO THE FACE
Old 02-15-2011, 04:28 AM
Planar Protector

also i think there are six total, WUT

4 in the house, one in the temple, one roamer -- or are there two roamers? OH GOD SO MANY FINGERS
Old 02-15-2011, 09:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what did the five fright fingers SAY TO THE FACE
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:27 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wizard perspective: there's actually like 5 fingers. You're usually the only wizard online at all, and by default the only wizard on the fear raid, so unless they make you roll better than 50 or looter gets to destroy it, your odds ain't terrible. Fingers actually drop loot quite frequently, given the small number of them in the zone. Plus you really only need Arms, Gloves, Hat, and (ESPECIALLY) Robe. Plus all the dang spiders in the zone drop cryo, which are perfectly acceptable subsitutes for pants, shoes, bracers, and only a small tick off on gloves and hat. And they also drop that nifty shield. While you may need to roll on that, most raid leaders with a soul are going to tell mages to f*ck themselves and it's up for grabs between the wizards and necros.

Speaking of necros, the blighted drop rate makes carmine feel like woven shadow. Necros got even more of a gripe here.. Being a necro on a fear raid is like being a wizard on a fear raid, except there's actually 10 others wizards there rolling against you.

Believe me, it could be far, far worse.

If you want to focus your energy into something a little more positive, try and get gimp newly 46 shadow knights guilded so your guild is forced to waste another hour plus pulling the temple needlessly for amys in order to get you a shot at that one last finger by the zone out. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've seen 2 blighted robes drop in one raid. While I somewhat respect you Bubbles you're fucking dead wrong here. The FF drop rate is a cruel joke when you consider how many are in the zone. The entire zone is a cruel joke when you consider that Plane of Hate literally rains loot.

Last night for example? 2 indicolite BPs, 1 cleric bp, 1 insidious robe. All rots. Just sad. And that was just the chest pieces. I've done way, way more fear raids than hate raids and thus far I've seen the two necro robes, and one ranger bp if we're talking about chest pieces. There are wizards that have waited MONTHS for a carmine robe. Am I bitter? Absofuckinglutely. But all young wizards should know what they are in store for.

edit: Verant did make it up to us with a pretty easy epic though. TRADEOFFS YO
Old 02-15-2011, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

7 is the correct number of Fright Fingers. And that is the max number they get increased to, this server just did it a little ahead of time (for good reason).

Honestly don't worry too much about decking your wizard out in Fear gear right away.
A few things:

Being a wizard, you should be getting some special consideration on Cryosilk drops (unless your guild leader doesn't have a clue). In most cases Cryosilk is a great alternative (sucks about the robe I know...)

Currently end game on this server is Sky and wizards can't land jack on the upper island bosses at level 50. So chances are you will be used for porting, kiting and/or death touches.
Since none of those are particularly gear-oriented roles, you can pretty much wait until Kunark launches and have a much wider selection of gear choices.
Closed Thread