Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2019, 07:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
dark men of odus guild is clearly racist lol. they think they're being super clever but really it's cringe af "alt right" internet culture :P
Some may say we all have a little internet bully in us.
Old 11-04-2019, 08:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem Teal will have is that ultimately it's going to be the same old experience as you had on Blue. What I mean by that is that, due to the low population, everyone is going to pack into the same high ZEM zones and refuse to go anywhere else. Even if you got it up to 1k it would still be the same (as we've seen on Blue). Part of the draw of Green for myself and I think many others was that the population would be high so people would have to go off the beaten path; we'd be able to group and level in zones that are almost never used on Blue. If you go to Teal, that goes away because you'll be on the server where everyone is just following the old Blue leveling path. So essentially what it becomes is Teal is the server where you go if you want to focus on maximizing your EXP per minute and don't care about doing the exact same leveling path over again that you've already done a hundred times on Blue, and Green is the server you play on if you're just here for the old school pre-Kunark era experience and are fine with leveling in any zone not just the high ZEM ones (and don't care how fast you level.

Also, about 25-30% of Teal's population are playing a character on Green simultaneously. They weren't interested in another server due to population or anything like that. It's just an opportunity for them to duplicate items and money by rolling an alt on Teal.
I have to agree. I had originally decided to stay on green. But then I saw how crowded Gfay was and decided to make the jump to teal after a few hours of actively lfg with no success. I got the grass is greener bug so to speak. At first I was happy with my decision. I got a group on teal within 10 minutes at orc hill and we were never at a shortage of mobs. But then at 2 am when I wanted to keep playing there was no one to group with.

The good news is that eventually teal and green will be merged back together again. Probably right after kunark is released.
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Old 11-04-2019, 08:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaluppo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The good news is that eventually teal and green will be merged back together again. Probably right after kunark is released.
From what I understand, if both servers maintain their own healthy populations, there will be no merger. Certainly not right after Kunark. We going to see a population peak then. Kunark is a fan favorite.

Many may be waiting until nearer to the end of the two week move period. See what the two pops feel like. Then last minute everyone moves and Teal is more populated than green. I don't know what will happen. It will likely balance out to be rather evenly split.

I would like to see the option to transfer between the two servers once a month. You enroll for the monthly transfer and it is done in random batches. The random aspect is to prevent those looking to server hop to nab some pixels.
Closed Thread