Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 07:06 AM
Kobold

Default Min/Max Shaman.

I have read all the info on the wiki and searched through the forums but there doesn't seem to be a clear answer.

I currently have a iksar shaman @ 21 that I choose because of the looks but even while leveling I was wondering should I have rolled a ogre.. since I read the solo artists challenge thread I know Svenn is a barb (no stun immunity and no regen) and is the only God shaman through pure skill.

However I doubt I am or will ever be @ that level so need all the help I can get. Living in the UK I doubt I will be able to get raid gear that easy (dunno what the raid scene will look like in 3 months) but I do know that this is gonna be my main toon (will delete my other 5 alts) and have loved playing the shaman so far on my iksar.

I really want to get this right and the sole purpose of this toon is to get 60 and do the solo artist challenge, and ofc enjoy the run up to 60 and make some friends whilst doing it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

any input would be great and thanks in advance.

EDIT: this is taking velious gear into account [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by tankh; 01-09-2014 at 08:53 AM..
Old 01-09-2014, 10:02 AM
Sarnak

Pretty sure that guy has puppet strings, which >>> any racial bonus.

You've got a very long way to go until 60, and iksar regen will help you on the way. You won't have JBB, but that's fine because you won't be able to afford one during the levels where it's most useful.

Talk to some 60 iksar shamans online and see how they feel. I asked one in my guild, and he straight up loves his. He's duo'd fungi king, etc., so if he's not min/maxed, he's still extremely OP.

When velious comes out, if you're 60 and dedicated you'll max your stats, and the iksar AC/regen bonus will put you over the top of other races.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:37 AM
Planar Protector

If you're worried about performing well solo at 60 rather than getting there more easily, then I'd go ogre. Iksar AC bonus won't make a big difference (AC on this server doesn't make a big difference, period), and the regen bonus won't make a big difference once you have Torpor. On the other hand, frontal stun immunity will help you a lot if you're trying to solo difficult monsters.

Also, don't delete your alts! You never know when you'll want to play a different class for a little while. Why put your future self through the trouble of releveling a character when you could have one ready to go at whatever level they are now?
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 01-09-2014, 10:47 AM
Kobold

they are all level 20 ish the only toon I have loved from level 1 is the shaman. The torpor point is the one I have just read about several pages into this forum and was about to ask that very question.

If I was to go ogre I assume that it would be +5agi +25wisdom ?

thanks again for both your input so far.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

YOu dont need stun immunity till 50+ Untill you can solo summoning mobs.

Other races can solo just fine without it.

barby, ogre, iksar are all viable options for differnt reason.

yes at 60 barby is the weakest, but you will reach 60 5 or more lvls faster than the other races.

Personally i luv troll looks, but am planning to make a troll sk, so no point making troll shm too.

IF you have alot of play time, try out each race...IF limited play time, then probly choice would be:

Ogre

Are YOU Cleansed from the chains of digital desire?
Old 01-09-2014, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have read all the info on the wiki and searched through the forums but there doesn't seem to be a clear answer.

I currently have a iksar shaman @ 21 that I choose because of the looks but even while leveling I was wondering should I have rolled a ogre.. since I read the solo artists challenge thread I know Svenn is a barb (no stun immunity and no regen) and is the only God shaman through pure skill.

However I doubt I am or will ever be @ that level so need all the help I can get. Living in the UK I doubt I will be able to get raid gear that easy (dunno what the raid scene will look like in 3 months) but I do know that this is gonna be my main toon (will delete my other 5 alts) and have loved playing the shaman so far on my iksar.

I really want to get this right and the sole purpose of this toon is to get 60 and do the solo artist challenge, and ofc enjoy the run up to 60 and make some friends whilst doing it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

any input would be great and thanks in advance.

EDIT: this is taking velious gear into account [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is no clear answer that why you didnt find one. What it comes down to for the solo challenge is how good of a player you are and do you have the right tools at your disposal. If you have all the toys in the game but your not that great a player your not gonna succeed. Some people will say troll, some will say ogre, some will say iksar. Refine your skills as a shaman and play it to the best of its abilities and it really wont matter which race you pick.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

Not really a bad race for shaman. Do whatever you want
Old 01-09-2014, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is no clear answer that why you didnt find one. What it comes down to for the solo challenge is how good of a player you are and do you have the right tools at your disposal. If you have all the toys in the game but your not that great a player your not gonna succeed. Some people will say troll, some will say ogre, some will say iksar. Refine your skills as a shaman and play it to the best of its abilities and it really wont matter which race you pick.
No one says Barbarian.

I haz a sad

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 01-09-2014, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

Shaman so OP it doesn't matter what race you choose.

Tanrin,Rinat,Sprucewaynee
Old 01-09-2014, 12:43 PM
Kobold

thanks all for the input, I have been going to and throw for the the last few days and think what it come down to is the frontal stun, it is an ability that cannot be replicated with gear (regen can).

but as Bongs said the most important factor is skill.

would the wiki be right when it comes to +5agi and then +25 wis for a ogre ?

the wis > sta debate on the wiki is worked out at level 40 is this the same at 60 or does the diminishing returns get worse over the caps ?

thanks again in advance
Closed Thread