Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
thanks all for the input, I have been going to and throw for the the last few days and think what it come down to is the frontal stun, it is an ability that cannot be replicated with gear (regen can).

but as Bongs said the most important factor is skill.

would the wiki be right when it comes to +5agi and then +25 wis for a ogre ?

the wis > sta debate on the wiki is worked out at level 40 is this the same at 60 or does the diminishing returns get worse over the caps ?

thanks again in advance
Stamina gives worse returns for investment than wisdom does, even if your wisdom is over 200. Unless you're an iksar or barbarian stick your points into wis, not sure what the consensus is for those races.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

I would go all WIS if you can; if you have extra points, put them into STA I guess. As a shaman you have AGI buffs so you don't need to worry about being below 75 AGI.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 01-12-2014, 01:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would go all WIS if you can; if you have extra points, put them into STA I guess. As a shaman you have AGI buffs so you don't need to worry about being below 75 AGI.
Exactly, definitely don't put any points into agi!

Just remember the regen from the iksar/troll makes leveling a lot easier and makes your class more efficient early on when you get canni.

The stun immunity from ogres is really nice, I get stunned all the time trying to land a root, and later on (taking damage = less mana) so there is an argument to be made about ogres efficiency also.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

You need to have 75 agility or you take a mad terrible AC nerf until you get to that level. On an ogre you definitely want to make sure AGI is at 75 because its just not something you want to think about unless you know for a fact that your going to bum rush to end game and know exactly what end game gear you are going to wear and that there is +5 agi in that gear.

IMO.

Ogres are insanely the best, its not even a competition. When dungeon crawling I can channel through the hits of like 4 mobs but not when I get stunned, and its very easy to get into a corner in dungeons. Its an incredibly useful skill and their base stats are just fantastic. I'd go full wisdom once 75 base agility is achieved because their other stats are so solid and offer such limited returns that its basically dumb to dump into them.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You need to have 75 agility or you take a mad terrible AC nerf until you get to that level. On an ogre you definitely want to make sure AGI is at 75 because its just not something you want to think about unless you know for a fact that your going to bum rush to end game and know exactly what end game gear you are going to wear and that there is +5 agi in that gear.

IMO.

Ogres are insanely the best, its not even a competition. When dungeon crawling I can channel through the hits of like 4 mobs but not when I get stunned, and its very easy to get into a corner in dungeons. Its an incredibly useful skill and their base stats are just fantastic. I'd go full wisdom once 75 base agility is achieved because their other stats are so solid and offer such limited returns that its basically dumb to dump into them.
Yeah I guess buffing yourself constantly with AGI would be annoying to avoid the penalty. Also, I wish I went ogre, that sounds so boss backing yourself into a corner and being able to cast away.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:33 PM
Kobold

Well I have re rolled my shaman to an ogre and went +5 ago and +25 wis

Hit me up for buffs anytime [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-12-2014, 08:29 PM
Planar Protector

It isn't like it makes you some kind of super boss invincible bad ass, it just helps, and is worth it.

Only other choice for me would be barbarian so I can enjoy the game as a non KOS hero as opposed to being sloppy droopy scum.

In the end shaman is an awesome class no matter what race and no matter where you allocate starting stats.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by radditsu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shaman so OP it doesn't matter what race you choose.
^^^this^^^
Old 01-13-2014, 04:11 PM
Sarnak

I have played both troll and ogre shm, and my wife currently plays a barb shm. IMO Ogre > iksar > troll > barb.

But as others have said, the shm class is really strong, especially at higher lvls. No matter what race you choose, you will be fine.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:28 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well I have re rolled my shaman to an ogre and went +5 ago and +25 wis

Hit me up for buffs anytime [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If it makes you feel any better I rerolled from a 29 barb shammy to an ogre shammy earlier this week. I've been through a ton of threads on the forums here and there were too many posts with people saying they would have went ogre if they had to do it all again. Seems to be the strongest choice for those that plan to solo and farm a lot which I plan to do with the shammy being my main.

If I had already went through some of the hell levels 30, 35, etc on my barb I probably wouldn't have done it since the higher levels take significantly longer to get through. I'm already 16 on the ogre and I feel like I made the right choice.
Closed Thread