Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 07:06 AM
Kobold

Default Don't RMT

I heard about p1999 about a 18 months ago and starting playing with the intention of rushing to 60 as fast as I could and by any means necessary so I treated this server like it was just any other by RMTing and using those funds to buy gear and power leveling my characters of which I had around 5 all no higher than 25. Forever changing and running them all to EC because that was the fastest way to bum buffs, it then became about time not enjoying the experience of actually leveling and enjoying what I had originally come here to do.

I am now back playing an enchanter with no gear or pp and it is so much better learning to split camps rather than run in with a ds and 1khp.

If your new here don’t be an asre hole like I was because you will be banned and this is a small community that has complete nutters but 99% of the time it really is great.
Old 09-22-2015, 07:54 AM
Fire Giant

I understand that your message is meant in a positive way. But you did admit doing RMT; this is a bannable offense. I don't know what will happen to you now.

Good that you stopped doing it... if you are indeed serious.
Old 09-22-2015, 08:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I understand that your message is meant in a positive way. But you did admit doing RMT; this is a bannable offense. I don't know what will happen to you now.

Reading comprehension - he already got caught.
Old 09-22-2015, 08:05 AM
Fire Giant

It's of course hard for GMs to verify RMT activities. Could be just your friend twinking you... no real money involved. I am not sure what measures the GMs take to find out. But they did catch a lot.

@Mojo: You sound sympathetic to that RMT scum (knowing a lot of them as you say, but not reporting them), i hope you are not involved.
Old 09-22-2015, 08:07 AM
Fire Giant

@guido: That's what you infer. He did not say so, but maybe you are right. It could have been a voluntary decision (that's what i took from it), he did not say he was banned.
Old 09-22-2015, 08:09 AM
Planar Protector

They have caught lots and lots of accounts. They are going to catch lots more in the future. It's not worth it, especially with how much gear this community gives away freely.

Besides, if you don't like the struggle of leveling up, perhaps this isn't the server for you.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 09-22-2015, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They have caught lots and lots of accounts. They are going to catch lots more in the future. It's not worth it, especially with how much gear this community gives away freely.

Besides, if you don't like the struggle of leveling up, perhaps this isn't the server for you.
Well stated. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-22-2015, 11:35 AM
Large Rat

I've played maybe a week now at most. I've had a really fun time starting with nothing and it is easier this time because you remember stuff from when you played years ago and it still applies today. Already i have met a bunch of people who helped me out with gear or buffed me here and there. Some people when lfg even hang around noob spots and camps just to split difficult spawns or generally help help. I like this server a lot and it is very reminiscent of my earliest eq experiences.
Old 09-22-2015, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

Do people come here and now read the rules plastered all over the place?
Old 09-22-2015, 12:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Unfortunately admitting to RMT or intending to RMT is not a bannable offense.
Closed Thread