Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2020, 09:16 PM
Planar Protector

Default ZEMs for Kunark and Velious

Have the staff said anything about whether there are plans to revise the ZEMs in any way for the zones in these expansions? Similar to what they have done for the old world zones.
Old 06-24-2020, 09:23 PM
Planar Protector

They weren't on the list at the time, so it's likely so far nobody knows. I'm hopeful some Kunark adjustments will happen.

I think Kurns needs a bump down, the outdoor zones need a bump up across the board similar to the outdoor zones we got bumped on classic, especially Lake of Ill omen.

I really feel like Dalnir needs more love ;D
Old 06-24-2020, 09:47 PM
Planar Protector

I hope they don't nerf Kurns too hard. It's one of my favorite zones given the unique tower designed with a basement and subterranean cavern underneath that many have never seen.

I'd like to see a small bump up for Warslik Woods, There are a bunch of camps in that zone that are under utilized (other than giants). Which span a respectful range of lower levels.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 06-24-2020 at 09:49 PM..
Old 06-24-2020, 09:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hope they don't nerf Kurns too hard. It's one of my favorite zones given the unique tower designed with a basement and subterranean cavern underneath that many have never seen.

I'd like to see a small bump up for Warslik Woods, There are a bunch of camps in that zone that are under utilized (other than giants). Which span a respectful range of lower levels.
I’d like to see Kurns get a need just because I feel like so many non-Iksar lowbies go there making zones in the old world less populated. No zone where you can go at that level should have such a high ZEM that people are going from all over the world as lowbies to level in that zone.
Old 06-24-2020, 10:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’d like to see Kurns get a need just because I feel like so many non-Iksar lowbies go there making zones in the old world less populated. No zone where you can go at that level should have such a high ZEM that people are going from all over the world as lowbies to level in that zone.
Um Befallen has a high Zem, Crushbone has a high Zem, Unrest has a high Zem, Runnyeye has a high Zem.

Blue is a very different server than green. I don't think it will be how it was with twinked players having their 60 druid friend port them over.

Also remember that EVAC doesn't work anywhere until velious. So people will have to run to Karnor's Castle in order to get evac'd to EJ. Like they did back during the 7 years of kunark on blue. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-24-2020, 11:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Um Befallen has a high Zem, Crushbone has a high Zem, Unrest has a high Zem, Runnyeye has a high Zem.

Blue is a very different server than green. I don't think it will be how it was with twinked players having their 60 druid friend port them over.

Also remember that EVAC doesn't work anywhere until velious. So people will have to run to Karnor's Castle in order to get evac'd to EJ. Like they did back during the 7 years of kunark on blue. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With the changes none of those really have a super high ZEM like Kurns with the exception of Runnyeye. Some of those are also not nearly as simple safe and easy as Kurns
Old 06-25-2020, 06:27 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
especially Lake of Ill omen.
LOIO and sarnak fort was the biggest 20s grouping spot in Kunark on live. It was basically the spot to go to when you finished at Oasis.
Old 06-25-2020, 08:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coridan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOIO and sarnak fort was the biggest 20s grouping spot in Kunark on live. It was basically the spot to go to when you finished at Oasis.
[Sun Nov 11 22:15:55 2001] [24 Cleric] Mccoy (Human) <Celestial Prophets>
[Sun Nov 11 22:15:55 2001] There are 99 players in Lake of Ill Omen.

-Mcoy
Old 06-25-2020, 08:43 AM
Kobold

Quote:
If it is one of your favorite zones, ZEM doesn't matter much. I like having high ZEM on underused zones. Also spreads out the high player amount in hot spots. Kurn's doesn't need a high ZEM to be populated.
<Aanelenye> lvl 43 Paladin
<Vaalyun> lvl 48 Wizard
Blue chars: retired

Old 06-25-2020, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coridan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I remember this as well. Making that run from FV through the Drachnids was always a really stressful experience lol.

Someone mentioned that the old ZEMs were the last set of ZEMs they could find, but that could just be speculation. If it's not, then it probably explains why LOIO's ZEM was so low, because it would have been reduced on live to get people to spread out.
Closed Thread