Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 07:00 PM
Orc

If you can find someone to pay 210k they are going to continue to go for 210k no matter how many are on the server. Now if the whole server decided no one was going to buy one until they normalize then you'll get the price you want.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you can find someone to pay 210k they are going to continue to go for 210k no matter how many are on the server. Now if the whole server decided no one was going to buy one until they normalize then you'll get the price you want.
No shit. And if more dropped, and more people were selling than buying, then the price would drop along with it.

There are several rare spawns that are ridiculously slow compared to live drop rates. FBSS is probably the most glaring example. Those things are ultra common on live, but almost non-existent here.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No shit. And if more dropped, and more people were selling than buying, then the price would drop along with it.

There are several rare spawns that are ridiculously slow compared to live drop rates. FBSS is probably the most glaring example. Those things are ultra common on live, but almost non-existent here.
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=899

This link says "rare" not "Ultra Common". You fail to see that any server that's been around for over 10 years or even 5 years will have alot of items filtered into the market and make themselves "ultra common" to purchase, but the drop itself doesn't change. I see FBSSs going for sale all the time, what are you talking about 'non-existent'?
Old 10-10-2011, 10:14 PM
Planar Protector

Yea the economy here is terribad. I'd blame classic EQ going on for longer before kunark was released than it did on live... people knowing what to farm... people farming the hell out of seafuries and accumulating huge amounts of raw platinum.... and account sales making the super rich even richer.

Not enough platinum sinks in classic/kunark to eat up the huge sums of platinum people have. Other than level 1-50 spells and occasionally tinker bag buying the platinum farmed will stay in players hands forever.
Last edited by Daldaen; 10-10-2011 at 10:18 PM..
Old 10-10-2011, 10:22 PM
Kobold

What is the problem here? Why did they reduce spawn rate of king and drop rate of tunic? Is it because of an abundance would help some people level faster?

Then how about nerfing PBAOE groups so they dont decimate entire zones... or bards for that matter and swarm kiting.

Fix the drop rate to live like imo. No reason to have it this way.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerSar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=899

This link says "rare" not "Ultra Common". You fail to see that any server that's been around for over 10 years or even 5 years will have alot of items filtered into the market and make themselves "ultra common" to purchase, but the drop itself doesn't change. I see FBSSs going for sale all the time, what are you talking about 'non-existent'?
I'm talking about the live servers that have only been up for 6 months that are stuck in Kunark as well.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:14 AM
Kobold

i like to bitch about fungi tunics as much as i possibly can.

if i play for 3 more years consistently, i will still never be able to afford one.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:19 AM
Kobold

^^ If those are your characters it's kind of obvious why you can't afford one. Why the fuck should a level 39 Shaman be able to afford a fungi tunic? I have a 55 Druid and I got 6 FBSS drops this week by just camping frenzy while working. That puts me almost halfway to a fungi without even really trying. Anyone with a 50+ character should be able to farm up enough plat for a fungi in less than a month of casual play.

Anyway, regarding the economy here.. it mainly sucks because every other player in EC is a price gouger who hordes items to control the economy. FBSS isn't rare it's just that if it's being sold for 12k someone with 500,000pp is going to buy it and resell it for 14k because they can. It's that simple. You just buy up every one that comes up for sell below a certain price and resell at your new price and people (who have more platinum than you) get desperate enough to pay the higher rate.

Everyone knows where platinum is created here. Everyone knows the camps. Everyone knows how to get the rare mobs to spawn. Deal with it. Classic EQ will always be super inflated because the cat is out of the bag and there are career EC traders here.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:22 AM
Kobold

because YOUR FACE.

i suck at eq, man.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:38 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softcore PK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember fungis going for 80k - 120k on live VZ.
Closed Thread