Non TMO/FE/IB Guilds Crying About Loot 58 32.04%
BDA 32 17.68%
STFU Shinko FGT 63 34.81%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 06:37 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe if the community wasn't expected to deal with issues they don't have the means to resolve in a reasonable way it would be better?

On live solutions were implemented to prevent the kind of poopsocking / rotation / FTE-bullshit we see here.

P1999 basically hands a starving village half a chicken and is like "welp divide it up fairly guys", followed by amazement that people get their heads smashed with rocks over half a dried out leg.
This is great...made me laugh. Oldschool raid mechanics work really well in EQ provided there are not 10 competing guilds that have been playing for 7 years with no new expansions and mob spawn rates are not adjusted to compensate. Its torture to raid on this server at all, and if you enjoy it there is probably something in you that makes you need psychiatric help. If a new server were to launch today on a classic timeline they would probably be finally done with velious patches by the time the server caught up to this one.
Old 03-24-2017, 07:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No offense but you should attend a raid before you share an opinion on raiding.
no gatekeeping
Old 03-25-2017, 12:57 AM
Kobold

Here's the thing. Everquest was never meant to be like this. Despite what the dipshits think, Verant/SOE *never* thought EQ was meant to be competitive. Ever. It was not designed for it, and when it ever became so, they actively tried to stop it.

That is classic. Not this shit.

When guilds started fighting over raid bosses, Sony did everything they could think of to get rid of it. They added more servers, but more people made it to end game. They released expansions to add more bosses, the players were able to kill them anyways. They stuffed the expansion full of high hp trash to delay guilds so they would be tied up for long periods of time, the players found ways around it. They keyed zones so that guilds would have time to farm up while others are still keying, those guilds cockblocked the key. They finally made an expansion that was nothing BUT bosses, and it still didn't stop guilds from being asses to each other.

So they instanced everything. Not the best solution, but it ended the problem.

These guilds don't get that. They think it's supposed to be a competition. What can you do. But the problem is Sirken and Rogean do too. There is no excuse for this. They're simply wrong and their mistake means this server will never fix its problems and never get better.

Sony would never, ever, EVER have let a server get to the disgraceful state this one is in. They made changes long before anything came even close. They FIXED things. And THAT is true classic. This is an abomination.
Old 03-25-2017, 07:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's the thing. Everquest was never meant to be like this. Despite what the dipshits think, Verant/SOE *never* thought EQ was meant to be competitive. Ever. It was not designed for it, and when it ever became so, they actively tried to stop it.

That is classic. Not this shit.

When guilds started fighting over raid bosses, Sony did everything they could think of to get rid of it. They added more servers, but more people made it to end game. They released expansions to add more bosses, the players were able to kill them anyways. They stuffed the expansion full of high hp trash to delay guilds so they would be tied up for long periods of time, the players found ways around it. They keyed zones so that guilds would have time to farm up while others are still keying, those guilds cockblocked the key. They finally made an expansion that was nothing BUT bosses, and it still didn't stop guilds from being asses to each other.

So they instanced everything. Not the best solution, but it ended the problem.

These guilds don't get that. They think it's supposed to be a competition. What can you do. But the problem is Sirken and Rogean do too. There is no excuse for this. They're simply wrong and their mistake means this server will never fix its problems and never get better.

Sony would never, ever, EVER have let a server get to the disgraceful state this one is in. They made changes long before anything came even close. They FIXED things. And THAT is true classic. This is an abomination.
I mean, EQ started as by far the most unforgiving and grindy MMO games ever.

They only made instanced content because the game was getting old and they had to give newer/casual players alternatives to more competitive players.

Everything you listed as being a countermeasure to competition was just put in place to compete with the newer MMOs that came after EQ. Of course, i could also be totally wrong too.

I personally think WOW was the biggest influence on post-velious/luclin content.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 03-25-2017, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

I did. I ruined p99. Sorry 'bout that.
Old 03-25-2017, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

Staff not bringing the hammer down.
Old 03-25-2017, 01:22 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean, EQ started as by far the most unforgiving and grindy MMO games ever.

They only made instanced content because the game was getting old and they had to give newer/casual players alternatives to more competitive players.

Everything you listed as being a countermeasure to competition was just put in place to compete with the newer MMOs that came after EQ. Of course, i could also be totally wrong too.

I personally think WOW was the biggest influence on post-velious/luclin content.
problem is wow was introduced till after LoY, which is technically when instancing started.
Old 03-25-2017, 01:23 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by meadtj [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
problem is wow was introduced till after LoY, which is technically when instancing started.
was = wasn't
Old 03-25-2017, 03:40 PM
Fire Giant

P99 is still fun. People just forgot how to play it... and it shows on the forums a lot.

Join us!!! Visit Asgard today!
Old 03-25-2017, 03:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99 is still fun. People just forgot how to play it... and it shows on the forums a lot.
Agreed. If there's one thing that I have found out in my long tenure of playing p99, the less often you play it, the more fun it is when you log in, and more rewarding it feels.
Closed Thread