Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 04-27-2010, 09:47 PM
Sarnak

also!

when sneaking, and not hidden, casters are not able to buff / target you as if you are hidden
Old 07-25-2010, 04:22 PM
Sarnak

I had an issue with sneak/hide on my rogue today in UGuk. I received a rez at warden and used sneak/hide successfully there before making my way through scryer and stopping to afk at spiders. A monk pulled a couple frogs by me in spiders and when he used fd they started attacking me. Hide was unbroken until the first frog swing on me. The monk said he could also see me, so apparently hide was not working despite showing a success message and allowing me to move untouched through a good chunk of the zone. I double checked my combat log and the only thing that changed between my successful sneak/hide and the frog hitting me was the rez effects wearing off. Is it possible that rez effects wearing off removes hide?
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>
Old 07-25-2010, 04:53 PM
Fire Giant

Monk sneak is alot weaker too.... I know it caps at 100 now, it capped at 155 on live for sure early eq. Everyone thought I was high, but there weren't many monks left who capped it early on. Sneak capped at 155 for a while.

Either way, it is unreliable now, where before it was 100pct locked.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:25 AM
Sarnak

meh, for those of you out there:

if sneak and hide, but sneak fails, you need to re-hide. it will show you invis for all intents and purposes on your screen, but everything can see you.

So always sneak until it succeeds, then hide.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:19 PM
Kobold

There is still problems with sneak/hide, not sure if its still being looked into or it cant be fixed?

And the pickpocketing is allso broken, i remembering PPing Dragons in Velius for spells at level 60, was a good way to make money, but allso a fast way to die if you didnt know where to run when and add saw you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also remembering in Sebelis that no monsters ever yelled Thief, however all monsters do now it seems, not sure if that was because of the higher skill level with levels 51-60 , can remember them yelling in planes, but not in Lguk-SolB like the do now.

Shadze.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:22 PM
Banned

Bump

Hide skill still not 100% with max skill

kills me constantly
Old 04-10-2011, 04:28 AM
Aviak

Bump for dev attention!
Old 04-26-2011, 06:45 AM
Aviak

I've been having hide randomly fail after a successful sneak hide a lot lately. Not sure what triggers it but it's been happening in Old Seb and I have never noticed it happen to me before anywhere else *shrug*

Would be cool if this stopped killing me...
Old 04-30-2011, 11:40 AM
Aviak

Still having this issue in sebilis. Successfully sneak/hide and then the sneak/hide simply breaks. Sometimes I'm dealing with a corpse, sometimes I'm just walking. Sometimes I jumped recently. Certainly makes Seb seem a lot more dangerous but it's started to kill me 2-5 times a day which is a little absurd. Never had an issue before this but it's not cool at all.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Still having this issue in sebilis. Successfully sneak/hide and then the sneak/hide simply breaks. Sometimes I'm dealing with a corpse, sometimes I'm just walking. Sometimes I jumped recently. Certainly makes Seb seem a lot more dangerous but it's started to kill me 2-5 times a day which is a little absurd. Never had an issue before this but it's not cool at all.

I once sit afk in chef surrounded by mobs for almost 38 hours and no breaks but at least once a day when moving my hide breaks randomly. I con mobs from the front they con indiff then will attack.

Also pickpocket shouldn't break hide/sneak unless a critical fail.

Throwing should not break sneak this nerfs our ability to pull.