Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2022, 10:04 AM
Aviak

People here are advising that you get a port to this place or that which is fine but I suggest you take the boat from Erudin to Qeynos and then make the journey by foot to Freeport. Everyone should make this run atleast once; at low levels between 5 and 10 it is especially exciting and dangerous. https://wiki.project1999.com/Zones displays maps to guide you. I would suggest also to get bound in each city you arrive at to shorten any corpse runs you may be forced to take.... and welcome to P99!
Old 01-04-2022, 03:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey

I have started on Green with my brother. The only issue is he is fairly busy and can't play as much as me. I rolled an erudite cleric as an alt. I am generally savvy with modern mmo's but this is a learning curve for me.

I suppose I need general advice regarding leveling and finding groups to grind with. My discord is Nasku#8197 and my in game name is Naesku

Thanks
Ok so static iksar SK / shaman with your brother? Good.

Cleric alt? Just get familiar with /who (class) XX-YY XX being -3 and YY being +3 of your current level, look for competent enchanters or melees you can heal.

Or just leave /lfg up and solo undead. You'll be doing Hags in Unrest for a long, long time.
Last edited by Toxigen; 01-04-2022 at 03:14 PM..
Old 01-04-2022, 05:10 PM
Sarnak

You're right about the steep learning curve, and the lower levels as a newbie can feel brutal. Don't be afraid to let people know you're relatively new and open to advice. A lot of us have been around for years and have tips and tricks that might help you in the moment. As long as you're not begging for handouts people will usually be very helpful to new players. Most classes don't really start to come into their own until about 30, and clerics at 39 get complete heal which is a class defining spell.

The quote below is also good advice. The most successful EQ players are the ones that make things happen for themselves instead of waiting around. If you're good with solo, but wouldn't mind a group, then leave your tag up while you solo. If you really want to group then try to put something together using the syntax below to find players like "/who all War 20 25" for example. This will also show you where players your level are hanging out. Even if the group fails to come together you'll learn something and meet people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok so static iksar SK / shaman with your brother? Good.

Cleric alt? Just get familiar with /who (class) XX-YY XX being -3 and YY being +3 of your current level, look for competent enchanters or melees you can heal.

Or just leave /lfg up and solo undead. You'll be doing Hags in Unrest for a long, long time.
Old 01-06-2022, 11:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwulf58 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People here are advising that you get a port to this place or that which is fine but I suggest you take the boat from Erudin to Qeynos and then make the journey by foot to Freeport. Everyone should make this run atleast once; at low levels between 5 and 10 it is especially exciting and dangerous. https://wiki.project1999.com/Zones displays maps to guide you. I would suggest also to get bound in each city you arrive at to shorten any corpse runs you may be forced to take.... and welcome to P99!
Yeah, I didn't think about. I would recommend any new player make a long run & boat ride at least once just to get a more classic experience or at least see how it used to be. Even I do every boat ride at least once even though I've done them plenty back in the day.
Closed Thread