Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 02-21-2022, 08:54 PM
Planar Protector

OP listen man everyone has hobbies and all, and we obviously all love EQ, but you should press pause to consider what you just did. You just wrote a treatise on raiding on a private emulated server of a 23 year old MMO with less than a thousand people on it. You wrote this treatise because you’re upset that the first shot at a raid mob is going to be determined by a random roll.

If you honestly care this much about the fact that it may take you slightly longer to hear your 10th alt out in BIS everything, and you’re upset because smaller non Zerg guilds might get to occasionally kill a raid target, you really need to take a step back and consider whether you need to take a break from this game.

We all love classic EQ but there is a limit to what’s healthy. I think you’re getting pretty close to exceeding that limit if you haven’t already
Old 02-21-2022, 09:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This thread reminds me of http://agathascience.ytmnd.com

All about that advantage
Finally got around to checking it out.

Ya lol
Old 02-22-2022, 09:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP listen man everyone has hobbies and all, and we obviously all love EQ, but you should press pause to consider what you just did. You just wrote a treatise on raiding on a private emulated server of a 23 year old MMO with less than a thousand people on it. You wrote this treatise because you’re upset that the first shot at a raid mob is going to be determined by a random roll.

If you honestly care this much about the fact that it may take you slightly longer to hear your 10th alt out in BIS everything, and you’re upset because smaller non Zerg guilds might get to occasionally kill a raid target, you really need to take a step back and consider whether you need to take a break from this game.

We all love classic EQ but there is a limit to what’s healthy. I think you’re getting pretty close to exceeding that limit if you haven’t already
Like any pleasure in life if it can be abused it absolutely will be. The amount of effort that some people put into both the game and forums here continues to surprise me and if their lives are that out of balance then I genuinely feel bad for them.
Old 02-22-2022, 09:28 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol - this moran thinks players control quake schedule
Uh, no? Your reading comprehension sucks for you to come to that asinine conclusion. Nowhere did I even allude to players controlling earthquakes.
Old 02-22-2022, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousHalflings [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then have things respawn every. Single. Tuesday. Instead of the earthquake bullshit. Limit that crap to once a month or major holidays. Congrats, you solved your own problem AND made yourself look dumber for it. That's a fucking feat and a half.
^ here it is. This is where the moran tells me to make it quake every single tuesday.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 02-22-2022, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ here it is. This is where the moran tells me to make it quake every single tuesday.
I think you just proved him right that you have terrible reading comprehension lol
Old 02-22-2022, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

The post I quoted started with an implied subject and later defined it as YOU. YOU is a pronoun, second person in this case. I was the person replied to, therefor I am YOU.

It's not that hard. Maybe yall shouldn't use shit grammar and try to make fun of people for calling you out on your shit grammar.

Doesn't make him any less of a moran. I still cannot control quakes.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 02-22-2022, 12:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quakes are competitive p99 raiding. Everything else is a poopsock. Anyone who doesn’t want quakes also doesn’t want competition. The reality is they want to keep the old status quo and lord over pixels, not competition. Only want to play competitive Everquest? Don’t show up for the roll.
Old 02-22-2022, 12:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quakes are competitive p99 raiding. Everything else is a poopsock. Anyone who doesn’t want quakes also doesn’t want competition. The reality is they want to keep the old status quo and lord over pixels, not competition. Only want to play competitive Everquest? Don’t show up for the roll.
This exactly as long as the staff quakes as often as they are saying they will.
Old 02-22-2022, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nobody is complaining about increased quake frequency. You're conflating two different things here.

The rolls on respawn are anti-competitive and will just put more life support to a guild that fought tooth and nail against allowing new entities into their happy little rotations.

There are valid concerns regarding the proposed frequency in quakes, however, as in the past the server was promised multiple quakes a month and still averaged less than 1.

Only follow-through on the promise by server staff will ease these concerns, but never eliminate them as the quakes could fall off again like they did last time.