Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Old 03-01-2022, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

I spawned him about five times last week, then stopped, confident I had found enough triggers. It wasn't mass AoE, it was killing one mob, then Quillmane spawning.

The server was in the dark for a long time on the old code too. The problem with mass AoE is, sure, he'll spawn every once in awhile, but you won't really know why. It's best to be more.. precise about it. Go when the zone is near empty. Preferably a bard and ranger so you can cover the zone quickly, and use bard charm to pet track.
Old 03-03-2022, 05:14 PM
Sarnak

I agree with Eisley after messing around with this myself over multiple sessions, both as a solo bard and with a ranger duo. If you take the time to research all the posts linked here and elsewhere on the internet about the old QM spawns it looks like they wrote it similar to how people have described it in the past on live. Rng+bard does seem to be the ideal combo now. It can be very time consuming to find the right spawn, but it's doable. They also don't appear to have changed the drop rate. I think my personal record for consecutive leg drops before the nerf was 16 or 17 in a row, but you could spawn him quickly so it wasn't so bad.
Old 03-03-2022, 05:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TK- [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree with Eisley after messing around with this myself over multiple sessions, both as a solo bard and with a ranger duo. If you take the time to research all the posts linked here and elsewhere on the internet about the old QM spawns it looks like they wrote it similar to how people have described it in the past on live. Rng+bard does seem to be the ideal combo now. It can be very time consuming to find the right spawn, but it's doable. They also don't appear to have changed the drop rate. I think my personal record for consecutive leg drops before the nerf was 16 or 17 in a row, but you could spawn him quickly so it wasn't so bad.
So basically it should be even easier to spawn QM now if Nilbog truly made it classic. Coming straight from the original dev who wrote that code back in the day.

https://youtu.be/sRLeVEuuLXM?t=1193

Should be a % chance off a single ph that has a whole list of possible low level mobs to spawn. Can't get any better proof than this.
Last edited by Croco; 03-03-2022 at 05:53 PM..
Old 03-03-2022, 06:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So basically it should be even easier to spawn QM now if Nilbog truly made it classic. Coming straight from the original dev who wrote that code back in the day.

https://youtu.be/sRLeVEuuLXM?t=1193

Should be a % chance off a single ph that has a whole list of possible low level mobs to spawn. Can't get any better proof than this.
I'll watch that video when I can, but essentially yes. It seems like it's a single spawn on a shortened timer (as Eisley mentioned) that can spawn several different placeholders, but it has a huge path on which it can spawn so finding it is much more difficult than the previous mechanic and why that 2nd person is super helpful. I went through all the links and data in this thread and found some supplementary posts on the web that led me down that path and I've had some success with this approach since the change.
Old 03-05-2022, 01:10 AM
Sarnak

https://youtu.be/sRLeVEuuLXM?t=7363

"Humans were not meant to endure" this level of rarity from Quillmane's creator
Old 03-06-2022, 12:53 AM
Planar Protector

Good helpful tips and exactly as I was described the process in olden days tho I just leveled in the zone and eventually found him by pure chance / luck
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-13-2022, 03:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TK- [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll watch that video when I can, but essentially yes. It seems like it's a single spawn on a shortened timer (as Eisley mentioned) that can spawn several different placeholders, but it has a huge path on which it can spawn so finding it is much more difficult than the previous mechanic and why that 2nd person is super helpful. I went through all the links and data in this thread and found some supplementary posts on the web that led me down that path and I've had some success with this approach since the change.
Yep. Precisely.

My suggestion is that once you spawn a Quillmane, have the Ranger get the next spawning mob and go to it, Highsun and follow it for a half hour. Use Zilz and /loc and map it's path out in MSpaint.

Kill it. Next spawn, do it again. Repeat this a few times, killing it immediately when you get a known spawn route. When QM pops on its' death, you can confirm that map and move on.

It took a lot more work to get it sorted, but at this point, I consider it no harder to farm than before. I got 3 in a few hours the other day.
Old 03-16-2022, 04:42 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep. Precisely.

My suggestion is that once you spawn a Quillmane, have the Ranger get the next spawning mob and go to it, Highsun and follow it for a half hour. Use Zilz and /loc and map it's path out in MSpaint.

Kill it. Next spawn, do it again. Repeat this a few times, killing it immediately when you get a known spawn route. When QM pops on its' death, you can confirm that map and move on.

It took a lot more work to get it sorted, but at this point, I consider it no harder to farm than before. I got 3 in a few hours the other day.
I am going to have to disagree with this entirely. It is MUCH harder due to the fact that the PHs can seem to to be almost anywhere, with a much wider variety of types of spawns. It also now requires more people. You now need at least 2 max track rangers to split the zone in half. We have tried everything suggested here. We got one single quillmane spawn when we first showed up to try and figure this out. It spawned within 5 minutes of killing PH's in the south half of the zone. Since that first spawn we have spent over 12 hours trying to get a quillmane spawn with not a single spawn. Every time we thought we had it figured out and narrowed down to the single 78 seconds respawn, after a few kills like this, the next spawn (or quillmane) didn't show up 78 seconds later and we seemingly lost all progress. We have tried mass AoE'ing, we have tried literally everything, multiple bards, you name it. This was much easier to do before and literally could have done solo by any pet class with pet track or a single max track ranger.

If anybody has any more info other than vague info like find the place holder then just hit track 78 seconds later, please do share. Because it is most definitely not that simple seeing as how a max track ranger cannot see the whole zone. You would need multiple spread out to cover everything. Screenshots of GINA maps with routes and spawn points, % chance of different PHs, would be a tremendous help if anybody has started to map any of this out and has it saved.

We are super frustrated trying to figure this out because as people have said, it shouldnt be too much harder than before but I find it very highly unlikely we were just on so bad of a RNG streak that we didnt pop a quillmane for 12 hours.

There also seems to be conflicting info on what the "classic spawn mechanics" were like. I see several claims that the PH could only spawn in the souther section of the zone between the west wall, KFC, Hermit, and Splitpaw. But I am quite certain PHs are spawning north of splitpaw maybe even as north as the NK bridge/Centaur village area and that directly contradicts alot of the info I have read in here.
Old 03-17-2022, 10:50 PM
Sarnak

Quillmane was not an easy mob to spawn, i remember almost anything being his PH, the difficulty spawning him sounds alot more classic now lol
Old 03-17-2022, 10:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would be incredibly surprised if you have just happened to crack the new formula when the rest of the server is basically still in the dark. In just the last week some of my guildies have gone to SK with almost a full group and farmed for about 6 hours. They got 3 Q spawns, no cloak. Yesterday a different person went alone and farmed for 7 hours, I forget if it was on a bard or ranger, and saw a single spawn, obviously no cloak.

Like most things on this server this is now completely overtuned to the point where for the average player it's not even worth going to SK and trying to spawn Q.
Classic quillmane lol