Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 07:32 AM
Banned

Dogs! Cats are hamsters. Which are ok too.
Old 09-28-2014, 07:54 AM
Kobold

I love dogs, but dogs are children. Basically we bred wolves to get a less aggressive, less defensive version (i.e. less self-sufficient) to the point where they cannot take care of themselves. Oh yes, there are a few that can live life as stray dogs, but in general, leave a dog alone for a week, and don't expect to find a living dog. Not that you would do that; people recoil at the thought, but think about that - it's the exact same reason we recoil at leaving children alone.

Cats, on the other hand, are only domesticated in the sense that they like human company. Many of us that live in the 'burbs or in rural lands, have cats that are not housebound. They leave, often for a few days at a time, and return when THEY want to. They fend for themselves, and return when they want our company. I'd rather have an adult who infrequently wants your company, than a helpless being that always likes you the way a toddler always likes you.

It's as if cats are at that stage of domestication similar to the first wolves that came near human settlements for the free scraps - still capable of being self-sufficient but realizing that humans aren't all bad. Man, I hope people don't breed cats to become like dogs, we have dogs already.
Old 09-28-2014, 08:27 AM
Planar Protector

Cats are awesome, dogs are awesome.

Cats are better suited for some people, dogs are better suited for some people.

A person's preference for a cat over a dog or a dog over a cat has nothing to say about their worth as a human being or about the worth of cats or dogs.

However, the difference between our feline and canine companions can be summed up thusly.

The dog thinks: "These people I live with feed me, love me, provide me with a nice warm, dry house, pet me, and take good care of me. They must be gods!"

The cat thinks: "These people I live with feed me, love me, provide me with a nice warm, dry house, pet me, and take good care of me. I must be a god!"
Old 09-28-2014, 08:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by holsteinrx7 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ill explain why dogs>cats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUUU...has_verified=1

its simple. lets say you fed a dog and he got huge. youve got a big best friend.

lets say you feed a cat and it grew larger and larger. at some point it would kill you.

they dont care about their master and plot their demise from any size.
Also, this argument seems to conveniently overlook the fact that plenty of dog owners have indeed lost their lives to their "big best friend".
Old 09-28-2014, 10:31 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A person's preference for a cat over a dog or a dog over a cat has nothing to say about their worth as a human being
Untrue
Old 09-28-2014, 10:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by P99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bunch of racist pigs in here who think they can generalize all cats and dogs with their blanket stereotypes. You all disgust me.
quit generalizing us.

fattie
Old 09-28-2014, 11:08 AM
Planar Protector

Stop triggering me.

Tanrin,Rinat,Sprucewaynee
Old 09-28-2014, 02:27 PM
Sarnak

Your cat is likely plotting to kill you

http://theoatmeal.com/misc/frame/cat_kill

....and it's likely just because it's bored.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/cats_actually_kill
Old 09-29-2014, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

If I have to buy food for and take an animal to the vet for vaccinations and such, it better act like I own it. Therefore dogs > cats.
Old 09-29-2014, 02:41 PM
Banned

Dogs cant win this argument on the internet because dog owners are hanging out at rivers, lakes, trails & parks, playing with their pet, enjoying the outdoors.

While cat owners are doing this...

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread