Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 10-27-2009, 08:26 PM
Orc

Default Rogue Skill Hide/Sneak

I believe Hide and Sneak once attained level 100 would both have 100% success rate. My Hide and Sneak are now both 105 and fail about 40% of the time and evading in combat also fails about 90% of the time. This renders the evade skill nearly useless but I didn't truly remember how evade worked until around 2003. All i want is sneak and hide to work when i click on them, according to my skill list it says sneak and hide (105) mastered. A master does not fail.

-Braveheart Williamwallace
Old 10-29-2009, 12:21 AM
Fire Giant

Don't know about the success rate...

But more rogue bugs: you shouldn't be able to pickpocket while sitting down. You should be able to stay hide/sneak while pickpocketing on a success. You should also be able to stay sneaking while using throwing weapons.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:50 AM
Large Rat

i don't know if hide sneak has been fixed to not fail around 100 as mine is only 80 and constantly fails. i know evade is far less useful than it was in classic. it succeeded a lot more and when it did it cleared all agro. i think it left you on the hate list but you started over again with 0 agro. it wasn't until kunark or velious that it was changed to lower agro rather than clear it. i use to duo stonespider with a cleric friend during kunark and would get bored so i would evade so he would get agro. it didn't matter if he had been sitting there doing nothing the whole time or not, it would go beat on him and it took me a while to get agro back. at this point i don't even use evade anymore. it has never caused me to lose agro when i have been getting beat on. it seems like i pull less agro completely ignoring its usage.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:07 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should be able to stay hide/sneak while pickpocketing on a success.
Agree, I got owned pretty hardcore by this one
Old 01-02-2010, 11:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should be able to stay hide/sneak while pickpocketing on a success. You should also be able to stay sneaking while using throwing weapons.
Bump on this.

Pickpocketing while in a dungeon without getting caught was definitely a good time I miss. Much more important however is the rogue's lost ability to sneak pull. Rogues not being able to sneak pull is most heinous.

If these two seemingly related problems are solvable at all, some priority would be much appreciated.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:25 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Much more important however is the rogue's lost ability to sneak pull. Rogues not being able to sneak pull is most heinous.
This is still broken. I've been playing around on my rogue in Misty Thicket trying to split goblin and orc camps and have concluded there are two problems:

1. As mentioned, there is something amiss with sneak. When sneak pulling stuff on classic live, all you needed to do is stand out of LOS of anything that would normally social aggro, and as long as it wasn't a linked spawn, you could pick off whatever you wanted because other mobs wouldn't "see" you. This doesn't work on p1999 with any sort of consistency. Sneak tends to break before the pulled mob gets clear which means the other mobs "see" you and you end up with the whole lot.

2. There is no delay in firing a ranged weapon and getting aggro/entering combat. In classic live one used to be able to fire while sneaking and pop hide immediately after the shot went off - before it would hit and aggro the mob. This allowed you to enter full sneak/hide mode before catching aggro and split tons of stuff without needing FD or harmony/lull, even when mobs weren't facing in convenient directions. On p1999, no matter how fast you hide after firing you just end up with an evade message, which means that social aggro has already happened and no split will occur.

Rogues not being able to sneak/hide pull really cuts into their utility (not to mention my desire to play one). There were many camps that rogues could pull faster and more safely than anyone else because they didn't have to floor hump FD or spam lull (or worry about lull resists/mobs out of LOS). Being relegated to marginal melee DPS and CR bitch is pretty lame. If pickpocket is also broken due to sneak bugs that's not the end of the world, but it is unfortunate.

Would love to see this get some attention.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by braveheart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe Hide and Sneak once attained level 100 would both have 100% success rate. My Hide and Sneak are now both 105 and fail about 40% of the time and evading in combat also fails about 90% of the time. This renders the evade skill nearly useless but I didn't truly remember how evade worked until around 2003. All i want is sneak and hide to work when i click on them, according to my skill list it says sneak and hide (105) mastered. A master does not fail.

-Braveheart Williamwallace
I played two rogues on Live, and evade never worked 100% unless I used the escape AA. It did work a lot better than what I've heard due to the reports, from what I can remember though. I played a Rogues from Kunark up until GoD, so I remember a fair share about them. At max skill level, evade worked around 85% of the time, whereas lower - I had some difficulties.

If I recall correctly on the amount I could evade at max skill level (200), and your current skill level being 40%, I can only conclude that this is working properly and you will find more success once you skill up your hide skill.

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:02 PM
Large Rat

Just keeping this going.. the Pickpocket breaking Hide/Stealth is frustrating esp. with stuff like Burning Rapier quest in where you can PP some of the stuff instead of having to kill everything.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:15 PM
Developer

Does pickpocket always break hide/sneak? Just wondering how it is currently functioning, as i have not used the skill.

Haynar
Old 02-19-2010, 06:36 PM
Aviak

Currently any attempt to pickpocket while hide/sneaked will break the stealth provided and make you visible. This should not be the case.