Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2021, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

Default NRO Alchemy Merchants not classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecredes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hate to be the one that points out these merchants because it's very convenient having an alchemy merchant next door to the EC tunnel for us shamans.

My recollection from classic live Velious era was that alchemy ingredients were always a pain in the ass to get to. I remember always having to make the trek to Halas or FV to stock up on potion ingredients for later sale. Turns out my research supports my past experience, these ladies should be simple fishmongers.

Description:
Tira Sandfisher and Juni Sandfisher in the Northern Desert of Ro currently sell alchemy ingredients and they shouldnt. They should only be fishing supply merchants according to classic/Velious era research.

Relevant NPCs:
Tira Sandfisher and Juni Sandfisher
https://wiki.project1999.com/Juni_Sandfisher
https://wiki.project1999.com/Tira_Sandfisher

The picture of Tira & Juni on the wiki/allakhazam even shows fishing items that are currently not on the merchant table for these ladies.

Relevant LOCs:
Barbarian Fishing village in the Northern Desert of Ro

Expected behavior:
Merchant tables should be standard barbarian fishing supplies.

Evidence/Research:
In my research I've tried to identify the time period where these merchants were changed from fishing supplies to alchemy, but I can't. It must have been sometime after Luclin release, but by that time no one cared about these merchants because the plane of knowledge alchemy merchants were all you needed, so whenever the change happened it likely wasn't well documented by the community.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=2454
https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=2457

I've done some additional research on the way back machine but that part of the internet archive seems to be down at the moment. If additional research is needed, I'll post some links once the way back machine is back up. General summary of that additional research is that there's absolutely no mention of these merchants selling alchemy supplies on Velious era guides from Shaman's Crucible, EQTraders, EQShamans.com, or Belgar's Alchemy.
Old 09-20-2021, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lich [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What motivates someone like you to post something like this? How does removing this benefit you? My guess is the NPCs won't sell to your kind and that hurts your feelings. I had no idea these merchants existed on P99 or live but somehow you were inconvenienced enough to write several paragraphs about it. I wish this was in rants and flames so I could tell you how I really feel.
Wish granted, Lich!
Old 09-20-2021, 01:52 PM
Banned

PoK came out with PoP though, not Luclin. So presumably even if the change happened during Luclin, it would be well documented. If it happened during velious it would *certainly* be well documented.
Old 09-20-2021, 02:03 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wish granted, Lich!
YOUR MOVE LICH!
Old 09-20-2021, 02:46 PM
Decaying Skeleton

lol, telling that Lich's comment to my bug report got deleted by the mods in the bug section.
Old 09-20-2021, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

fuck you ecredes,

for making this a more classic experience for everyone to enjoy! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Now go to bat with me for removing mouse wheel zoom or you're doing this to laugh at everyone angry.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-20-2021, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

For those who think baler is off his meds, nah listen up.

Those vendors in NRO are a corner stone to the Alchemy Potion Market in EC.
You like SoW pots? Ant Pots? Null Pots?

No longer can you find a shaman in EC and have them whip you up some unless they bring them in from many, many zones far away.

This is going to affect the alchemy potion market in EC.
everyone should be upset about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
go to bat with me for removing mouse wheel zoom or you're doing this to laugh at everyone angry.
YOUR MOVE ecredes!
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-20-2021, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

Finally shamans getting the enchanter treatment [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-20-2021, 03:31 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Those of you projecting your frustrations upon me, just to be clear, this has nothing to with me or how you feel about it. Looks like Nilbog has already agreed with my research on this.
Shits classic, accept it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

YOUR MOVE ecredes!
Sorry, but my work here is done. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-20-2021, 03:34 PM
Banned

Protip: Roll a barb shaman and get a guise next time, cause then you can alchemy it up in any of the three main starting cities depending on which you're closest to, whereas a guise won't help a troll or ogre in halas.

I don't consider iksar shamans people so that's moot.
Closed Thread