Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-27-2021, 11:27 AM
Sarnak

Default Torp/epic shaman - trouble with WW dragons!

Now that I've got a complete spell book (woo!!) I decided it's time to try my hand at every shammy's dream: soloing WW dragons. I've been focusing on Bravatar, the level 53 at an egg nest just north of the ToV ent.

Only problem is, I keep getting overpowered. I'm pulling with Malo, slowing before he gets to me, hitting with 'Sini, setting my pet on him, then epic and pox while canni/torping. But over time, inevitably I can only get one or two canni's off before I need to re-torp (due to damage taken), and I end up becoming mana negative over time to the point where I'm only epic'ing, torping myself, occasionally healing my pet with a torpor, and basically not being able to canni up enough mana between torpor casts to keep that sustainable (let alone having spare mana to toss on another dot).

I have my epic, full spell book, semi-respectable gear (epic, resists all 90+, vindi bp but no ss armor yet).

Also, semi-related, I have to bail on many attempts because of adds -- I'm pulling the dragons to the very cliff edge of the drop-down to the area where the +6s are. Are people pulling dragons all the way from the egg nests to the shoreline? How is that possible without getting trash adds along the way?

Some kind soul should really make a wiki guide for this...! Perhaps if we have some knowledgable answers in this thread, I'll compile them and submit a guide.