Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

Shit even +/- 4 hours on everything would spice it up enough so that Nihilum at least isn't on auto-pilot with 50 people the same few hours each week.

I'm not trying to excuse the opposition for getting nothing on the repop - should at least be able to get something. I hope there will be better coordination next repop. However under the current system, it's likely Nihilum will just auto-pilot with 40-50 people each week until we get lucky enough to have another repop.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:34 PM
Sarnak

Why not stall them with PVP at a mob so multiple mobs are up at once?
Old 11-14-2013, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

That would work great. With double the people.

If the opposition starts fielding even close to even numbers, Nihilum will pull another 20 people out of Nizzar's ass just to make sure nobody ever has a chance.

I'm not complaining here - I think it can be done nonetheless. But people/staff should know the reality of how it goes on red.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That would work great. With double the people.

If the opposition starts fielding even close to even numbers, Nihilum will pull another 20 people out of Nizzar's ass just to make sure nobody ever has a chance.

I'm not complaining here - I think it can be done nonetheless. But people/staff should know the reality of how it goes on red.
i feel like im talking to a wall with some of these players that post and think they know whats going on

guess what, you dont

this is the reality of this server, and if u dont wanna fix it to mirror more pvp, then I simply dunno what to tell you

red99 - the other alternative to blue99

where dragons come first.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

didnt read 2nd half of thread.

the reason variance was not put in on red is because it would promote pvp, as the spawn times would be known. However, as it is currently, there is no pvp because it's pointless to contest against a 50 man raid force with 20 dudes.

the problem is that because all the mobs are up only once a week, every nilly can clear his schedule and be on for those 3 hours a week and log off. if there were variance with "dragon shouts" across the server 30 mins or an hour before it spawned (or staggered spawn times which ensured dragons popping at known times just at DIFFERENT times throughout the week) then there would be more pvp, more ppl logged on more often (not just 3 hours a week) and even a chance that, perhaps, a euro crew could down a small dragon like faydedar when it spawns at 4:00 am over in the US and no one is going to wake up to kill it.

just makes sense. The current system was put in place to promote PVP, but the pvp aint happening. If it's not accomplishing the goal, switch it up and see if we can make the server a more lively atmosphere. Wouldn't it be great if you were a random newb leveling in Red Dawn and you saw the server message that Talendor was about to spawn in 30 minutes!? run over there and get some pvp, maybe dream about slayin da dragon. get to the scene and check it out. doesnt that sounds like FUN? isnt the server supposed to be about FUN and not begrudgingly waking up at 5:00 am to kill VS and then logging off to go back to sleep?
Last edited by Pudge; 11-14-2013 at 01:58 PM..
Old 11-14-2013, 01:57 PM
Sarnak

Doubt variance would do much at this point. To be honest I just think it would be annoying to not be able to have the raids in a sequence that's possible to plan around. All raid targets would still go to the stronger guild.

I'm all for balance and competition, but wouldn't waste time on variance tbh. It would just take spying on each others to a new level.

I'd rather see guerilla tactics to disturb raids made more possible by for example limiting /who to once every 5 minutes per player or similar as well as having zone plugging destroyed. Let players stay in game and get YT'ed or simply die an xp death if they go LD while zoning.
Last edited by Kinamara; 11-14-2013 at 02:02 PM..
Old 11-14-2013, 02:03 PM
Fire Giant

i didn't get to play on tuesday, but when i checked what mobs were downed wednesday morning i was actually quite surprised Azrael didn't at least get 1 mob. doesn't take too long to snipe like a talendor/sev.

[ANONYMOUS] dip|o the Conjurer
Old 11-14-2013, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by diplo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i didn't get to play on tuesday, but when i checked what mobs were downed wednesday morning i was actually quite surprised Azrael didn't at least get 1 mob.
Last I checked 9 boss mobs are still up...

But azrael wants variance on those too...
Old 11-14-2013, 02:07 PM
Banned

Love me some dragons

Azrael farms vox

But they dont care AMIRITE HURHURHRURHUR
Old 11-14-2013, 02:10 PM
Aviak

red tears over PVE

LOLOLOL

blue thriving bros