Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2019, 06:12 PM
Planar Protector

60% of the time it works every time.

To check success, if you don't have see invis on, you can /target your_name_here. If you don't target yourself hide was successful.

As it stands, on blue, even in off hours, it isn't unusual to have three different forces camping the courier fields. There are enough spawn points for even more. The 30 sec respawn and various different spawn points means the field can actually support a surprisingly large number of groups. It might be a popular levelling spot for groups of level 14-21 players once green gets Kunarked.

Don't forget goblin bracers can be turned in for Faydark Ringmail and faction/XP, plus plenty of jewellery, shields, finely crafted weapons, bone chips, cat pelts and excellent sabre tooth hides drop here too. Some of the marauder face rings are XP in cabilis. A nice all/all stat debuff proc weapon drops. I think maybe even the sarnak emblazed tunic too.
Last edited by Jimjam; 07-31-2019 at 06:20 PM..
Old 07-31-2019, 06:32 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
60% of the time it works every time.

To check success, if you don't have see invis on, you can /target your_name_here. If you don't target yourself hide was successful.

As it stands, on blue, even in off hours, it isn't unusual to have three different forces camping the courier fields. There are enough spawn points for even more. The 30 sec respawn and various different spawn points means the field can actually support a surprisingly large number of groups. It might be a popular levelling spot for groups of level 14-21 players once green gets Kunarked.

Don't forget goblin bracers can be turned in for Faydark Ringmail and faction/XP, plus plenty of jewellery, shields, finely crafted weapons, bone chips, cat pelts and excellent sabre tooth hides drop here too. Some of the marauder face rings are XP in cabilis. A nice all/all stat debuff proc weapon drops. I think maybe even the sarnak emblazed tunic too.
All great info. Thank you for all the detail. Tbh even 50% would make me happy. Since the ring cant be made until kunark (i failed to consider this) it makes me think DE would be the way to go...maybe I'm overthinking it!
Old 07-31-2019, 09:14 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholewitt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All great info. Thank you for all the detail. Tbh even 50% would make me happy. Since the ring cant be made until kunark (i failed to consider this) it makes me think DE would be the way to go...maybe I'm overthinking it!
As said I went DE on Blue, Started charming I think on the orc highway what ever level that was till level 30. All using hide as my charm break, only every had a issue with hide failing over and over a couple of times. As said the cool down is fairly quick, and only a few bad multiple fails will be an issue. Even then just re-root the non charmed mob, even after farming a ring I still use hide first.
Old 08-01-2019, 01:12 AM
Fire Giant

I tried using Hide for charm breaks on my DE enchanter, and personally I found it to be too annoying. I'd suggest taking a good hard look at the difference in caster stats between Dark Elf and other races, especially High Elf, and ask yourself a question. Is the ability to use an unlimited duration Hide for going AFK worth the loss in stat points? Because at higher level use in even moderately challenging camps and dungeon diving, using Hide for breaks is just a pain in the ass and asking for trouble.

In the case that you will make considerable use of Hide for AFK, by all means, go for it.
Old 08-01-2019, 03:47 AM
Fire Giant

On my enchanter I personally am happy I went DE for hide. He's level 56 now and I've charmed a majority of the way there, with no gauz ring for the majority of that time.

As its been stated, hide is very unreliable, but it is nice when it works. I also rarely used invis to break charm and rather used taper enchantment - I kept forgetting to target myself while invising so i'd end up invising my charmed mob on accident. Taper dispells the charm and then you have the mob already targeted and ready for a root. So as i was getting ready to cast taper, i would hit hide first and maybe get lucky with a break.

that being said the stats on the high elf are much better for an enchanter. I don't think there's really a wrong answer here. I personally think high elves are ugly as fudge though, and that's what tipped it to DE for me. Sure you have illusions, but underneath that sexy DE illusion, you'll still be an ugly high elf.
Old 09-22-2019, 06:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As it stands, on blue, even in off hours, it isn't unusual to have three different forces camping the courier fields. There are enough spawn points for even more. The 30 sec respawn and various different spawn points means the field can actually support a surprisingly large number of groups.
The one time I poked my head in to fight the courier, there was a bard swarm-kiting. I suppose that is one way to farm...
Old 09-23-2019, 02:01 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveslug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As said I went DE on Blue, Started charming I think on the orc highway what ever level that was till level 30. All using hide as my charm break, only every had a issue with hide failing over and over a couple of times. As said the cool down is fairly quick, and only a few bad multiple fails will be an issue. Even then just re-root the non charmed mob, even after farming a ring I still use hide first.
Why would you use hide over the ring, the ring is an insta cast item right?

What would you say the success rate of hide is? I'd rather not play a high elf on green, my preference has a gnome, but they have nothing going for them, at least the dark elf has hide to potentially offset the low charisma.
Old 09-23-2019, 04:48 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholewitt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am looking for some race advice on enchanter (for Green).
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabouter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why would you use hide over the ring, the ring is an insta cast item right?
Will probably be close to a year before you are able to get Goblin Gazughi Ring.

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Old 09-23-2019, 06:18 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibbs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will probably be close to a year before you are able to get Goblin Gazughi Ring.
Oh yes, but I was referring to his statement that on blue he is still using hide first even though he has the ring. I've never played an enchanter so I was wondering what the reason for that might be.

Either way it will be tougher on green:
- spell book + meditate button
- no insta click charm break
- no breeze
- difficult to get high charisma

Will be interesting [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-23-2019, 07:00 AM
Kobold

My main is a 54 ENC. To time a charm kill just right for mana efficiency if hide doesn't work you lose 50% of the XP. And that hide (I believe) is a 50% chance (or less - I charm kill on my WE druid as well). So just get used to casting invis as over time, the onvis cast plus med plus full XP will outweigh the failed invis XP hit.

So the answer is - go gnome. Going gnome is always the answer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread