Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2019, 10:45 AM
Sarnak

You stayed at HHK gobs until 38? Bruhhhh
Old 07-01-2019, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

As an alternative after Unrest you can...
40-45 gnomes in Sol A
45-50 in Sol b or Oggok
45-54 Grobb (5 spawns near entrance blue to 54). Can also do the Hole zone in
54+ various places. DL, HHK, Hole, probably Karnors depending on gear.

The Narandi keeps dropping in price. Once you hit 55 all pallies should pick one up. It was pretty amazing prior to the dmg increase but now it's a world-class root jousting weapon.

Prior to the bump in damage I killed Rocksoul at level 55 in The Hole near the zone-in. It took like 20 mins...

https://wiki.project1999.com/Rocksoul

I wasn't jousting but just straight meleeing until a proc, then root/helm healing until it broke again. Enstill wasn't getting full duration so I memmed root to save the mana. Probably went through 6 or 7 procs on him. Yea over half the damage done was from the dot. Doing it again I'd prob just joust from the start and use the low lvl root.
Old 07-01-2019, 08:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As an alternative after Unrest you can...
40-45 gnomes in Sol A
45-50 in Sol b or Oggok
45-54 Grobb (5 spawns near entrance blue to 54). Can also do the Hole zone in
54+ various places. DL, HHK, Hole, probably Karnors depending on gear.

The Narandi keeps dropping in price. Once you hit 55 all pallies should pick one up. It was pretty amazing prior to the dmg increase but now it's a world-class root jousting weapon.

Prior to the bump in damage I killed Rocksoul at level 55 in The Hole near the zone-in. It took like 20 mins...

https://wiki.project1999.com/Rocksoul

I wasn't jousting but just straight meleeing until a proc, then root/helm healing until it broke again. Enstill wasn't getting full duration so I memmed root to save the mana. Probably went through 6 or 7 procs on him. Yea over half the damage done was from the dot. Doing it again I'd prob just joust from the start and use the low lvl root.
That's a pretty good solo kill there. You did it exactly how I envision it would be done for named aslong as they are rootable. Buy yourself a tash stick I have one on mine and it helps with those pesky named/harder to root mobs - (I barely use it though buy handy to have)...I think once I am done with Guk and head to The Hole i'll end up using it more often.
Old 07-01-2019, 08:34 PM
Planar Protector

Pretty sure I solo'd paladin:

20-30s (high): Unrest
30s-45: OT (easy access to ports/buffs)
45-50s (low): DL
50s: KC

From OT onward I chose to solo in places that were outdoor and reasonably high probability of finding a duo partner. With self heals and twink gear solo was always pretty easy but finding a partner druid/sham/cleric/necro was always faster. I preferred to solo places I KNEW I could solo but where you could always expect finding a partner to duo with if time permitted.

My best paladin xp was always duo with a complementary class. The xp/kill lost on hunting open zones was always offset over time by the duo prospects that could be expected.

For that reason, on characters that didn't solo ideally in their own right, I always favored OT/DL/KC.

Once you can click deepwater helmet, solo is easy/peasy. It's slow at times with our low dmg output, but oddly I always found my best functional xp over time was either soloing (slowly) or duo/trio with a support class that could help with healing and add damage throughput.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 07-01-2019, 09:55 PM
Fire Giant

For 50-55, I always enjoyed lower guk for exp. Pallies were built for that zone.
Old 07-02-2019, 10:42 AM
Orc

I'm currently grouping in CoM at 40. Would I be better off to just head to Sol A and solo gnomes.. this hell level is going so slow, think I'm 48% into the level after two night sessions.
Old 07-02-2019, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celery4183 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm currently grouping in CoM at 40. Would I be better off to just head to Sol A and solo gnomes.. this hell level is going so slow, think I'm 48% into the level after two night sessions.
I found solo xp to be on par with grouping even through 59. That’s assuming a ton of pull (Seb CE). In slower camps solo was actually better. IMHO, if you aren’t in a loot camp or looking for company solo is hard to beat but I am biased with a wonky schedule.

Gnomes near EXG will take you to 45. It slows down a lot at around 43/44 but is still a nice semi-afk camp. Like 5 green and blue kills every 16 mins or so. I think I got like 10 CGS’s in that time. Assuming Oggok bashers were uncamped it would prob be faster.

I really hate CoM though even compared to soloing in like DL or OT.. Bloodgills. Karnors. Most the hot P99 places drive me crazy. HHK is the one spot I spend a lot of time in despite the overcrowding. High ZEM, outdoor zone, bank, evil vendor, fine steel. It’s just too good to hate (very much).
Last edited by Snaggles; 07-02-2019 at 11:46 AM..
Old 07-02-2019, 03:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celery4183 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree with Snuggles comments too regarding soloing been better xp.

I found Paladin solo 40-52 the best xp range on thr class. In CoM I remember getting 1-1.5% per kill solo in the 40s.
In LowGuk wqs definitely getting insane xp at BatnBugs hallway 40-43.

It slowed down a alot post 52 as the new xp curve ramps up hard.
Old 07-03-2019, 09:54 AM
Orc

Yeah I went to SolA last night, gnome miners/clockworkers seem to be really good xp(1-2% a kill at 40) and not too hard to slay! Now I just need to learn the zone a little better and get a solid rotation down [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 07-03-2019, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Yeah I went to SolA last night, gnome miners/clockworkers seem to be really good xp(1-2% a kill at 40) and not too hard to slay! Now I just need to learn the zone a little better and get a solid rotation down [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Thanks for the suggestion.
It’s because sol a has that phat zem.

I do gnomes on all my chars here 37-45. It’s just too good to pass up and nobody cares about akanon faction anyway. Keep in mind it does make you kos to kaladim rogue guild and they hang out by the bank. Learned this the hard way when my pally had some epic work to do around there. Just needed some Invis pots, still worth killing the gnomes.
Closed Thread