Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 04:14 PM
Orc

UPDATE:

steering wheel arrives tomorrow. If I can get it mapped property I'll post videos.

Hopefully I'll be swarming like this by this weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yBd5RY7GRo
Old 07-18-2019, 04:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
UPDATE:

steering wheel arrives tomorrow. If I can get it mapped property I'll post videos.

lol

Could you somehow set up the video at an angle behind you....so we can see the steering wheel / pedals AND the screen at the same time? That'd be amazing.
Old 07-18-2019, 06:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
UPDATE:

Lol GL
Old 07-18-2019, 08:57 PM
Planar Protector

If you have any trouble with the wheels native ability to control your mouse and keyboard/everquest character, try Joy2key

I honestly think this is going to play out very well. With auto strafe/run and the ability to so smoothly adjust the mouse position with a steering wheel, by jove I sure do think it'll work!

I used joy2key to use a Xbox controller to play a rogue once and boy let me tell you rogues, do this. You really can get 80-90% of your abilities onto the keys and just xp or raid your day away leaning back maxin and relaxin.

I came up with a pretty nice system to simulate 3rd person console game style camera with the mouse wheeled out locked 3rd person cam. I set joy2key so that the RMB would be pressed while I was not holding the Left Trigger, and when I would hold the Left Trigger, joy2key would let go of the RMB. This made it so if I wanted to use the courser I would hold down left trigger, but if I let go of the left trigger the curser would disappear and mouse control would now rotate the camera. The right analog stick would control the mouse position, and with the RMB pressed down by default, that would pretty much give you a great 3rd person camera that felt like a console game camera and control, in case anyone wanted to try.
Old 07-18-2019, 11:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you have any trouble with the wheels native ability to control your mouse and keyboard/everquest character, try Joy2key

I honestly think this is going to play out very well. With auto strafe/run and the ability to so smoothly adjust the mouse position with a steering wheel, by jove I sure do think it'll work!

I used joy2key to use a Xbox controller to play a rogue once and boy let me tell you rogues, do this. You really can get 80-90% of your abilities onto the keys and just xp or raid your day away leaning back maxin and relaxin.

I came up with a pretty nice system to simulate 3rd person console game style camera with the mouse wheeled out locked 3rd person cam. I set joy2key so that the RMB would be pressed while I was not holding the Left Trigger, and when I would hold the Left Trigger, joy2key would let go of the RMB. This made it so if I wanted to use the courser I would hold down left trigger, but if I let go of the left trigger the curser would disappear and mouse control would now rotate the camera. The right analog stick would control the mouse position, and with the RMB pressed down by default, that would pretty much give you a great 3rd person camera that felt like a console game camera and control, in case anyone wanted to try.
I do a similar method on a monk ran through a laptop onto my TV. I can sit on the couch and play. Its neat but the ratios are off on the UI.
Old 07-19-2019, 01:50 PM
Banned

Times this weekend I will visit this thread in hopes of a video update: 10.
Old 07-19-2019, 06:49 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Times this weekend I will visit this thread in hopes of a video update: 10.

yo same
Old 07-20-2019, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

I've been mmoing with a foot pedal for interrupts for ages but no wheel lol
Old 07-20-2019, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

Should I order a controller to play my rogue? Sounds like it could be fun...

I'd only need a button for sneak, hide, backstab, assist, target nearest npc, attack off (for evade) and activating disciplines. In theory this sounds quite possible and very enjoyable.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 07-20-2019, 08:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Should I order a controller to play my rogue? Sounds like it could be fun...

I'd only need a button for sneak, hide, backstab, assist, target nearest npc, attack off (for evade) and activating disciplines. In theory this sounds quite possible and very enjoyable.
I think it really makes it fun if you get the new new xbox controllers, they have like 8 new buttons on the back, with those, then I think you could get everything youd want to do on a rogue, on a controller button 8)
Closed Thread