Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 04:52 PM
Sarnak

NOT taken it. Cripes, that is just too close.
Old 07-16-2019, 05:08 PM
Sarnak

hard pass
Old 07-17-2019, 12:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wouldn’t do it, but I don’t have Facebook / instagram or any social media. I assume your generation will adopt things like these wholesale and never think twice about the potential for abuse or loss of privacy. It’s the way the world’s going bud. I don’t approve, but it’s not the place of the old to stop what the young consider “progress.” Also, Sweden sucks
Great reply, i 100% agree. Glad i will be dead when this is in full swing.
Old 07-28-2019, 10:39 AM
Orc

Two recently released medical devices that are mainstreaming the idea of transhumanism:

The world's first artificial pancreas - Hybrid Closed-Loop Insulin Delivery System

New FDA Approved Brain Device to treat ADHD
Last edited by Glacios; 07-28-2019 at 10:50 AM..
Old 07-28-2019, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

I get the gist without clicking the link, I think.

Nothing will stop progress, only delay it. What delayed progress in Europe in the dark ages? Drought causing famine and disease or some such(Im a poor student)? Progress continued in Asia.

You can embrace it or end up as one of those old people who annoyingly have to be shown how to use a cell phone(flip phone, not smart phone) time after time because they refused to remotely try to keep up with technology and are now so far behind they are frightened by it. Imagine living in fear knowing you are a relic. You can't pay your bills, order food, call your family, call for help in an emergency, manage your finances, troubleshoot your damn TV system, make the new "smart" appliances in your home work. Someone else has to help you / do it all for you.

Science fiction is the future of science. People's wildest imagination are where scientists strive to take reality. Light sabers? Maybe not. Space travel? Yea. Article on space.com about some kind of sails that are theorized to get us to 20% the speed of light by using photons from the sun. Pretty damn cool. Luke Skywalker, and Darth Vader, get a limb chopped off? No problem, have a new mechanical limb. We may not quite be there, but we are close. Lives are getting longer. With CRISPR there is talk about editing genes in a way that prevents people from aging, like some jellyfish in the Pacific. Immortality is both natural and possible.

Couple that with being behind the times with technology. Imagine being helpless... for hundreds of years... phew.

quote from Men in Black:

Kay:
1500 years ago, everybody "knew" that the earth was the center of the universe. 500 years ago, everybody "knew" that the earth was flat. And 15 minutes ago, you "knew" that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll "know" tomorrow.

Chips in people? That's the least of my fears. Sign me up, the alternative is far more frightening.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 07-28-2019, 01:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Nothing will stop progress, only delay it. What delayed progress in Europe in the dark ages? Drought causing famine and disease or some such(Im a poor student)? Progress continued in Asia.

You can embrace it or end up as one of those old people who annoyingly have to be shown how to use a cell phone(flip phone, not smart phone) time after time because they refused to remotely try to keep up with technology and are now so far behind they are frightened by it. Imagine living in fear knowing you are a relic. You can't pay your bills, order food, call your family, call for help in an emergency, manage your finances, troubleshoot your damn TV system, make the new "smart" appliances in your home work. Someone else has to help you / do it all for you.

Science fiction is the future of science. People's wildest imagination are where scientists strive to take reality. Light sabers? Maybe not. Space travel? Yea. Article on space.com about some kind of sails that are theorized to get us to 20% the speed of light by using photons from the sun. Pretty damn cool. Luke Skywalker, and Darth Vader, get a limb chopped off? No problem, have a new mechanical limb. We may not quite be there, but we are close. Lives are getting longer. With CRISPR there is talk about editing genes in a way that prevents people from aging, like some jellyfish in the Pacific. Immortality is both natural and possible.

Couple that with being behind the times with technology. Imagine being helpless... for hundreds of years... phew.

quote from Men in Black:

Kay:
1500 years ago, everybody "knew" that the earth was the center of the universe. 500 years ago, everybody "knew" that the earth was flat. And 15 minutes ago, you "knew" that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll "know" tomorrow.

Chips in people? That's the least of my fears. Sign me up, the alternative is far more frightening.

Evolutionary Progress: chopping your dick off and masquerading around as a woman with cyborg implants that don't actually do anything under your skin.

Get on board, or get left behind, breeders!
Old 07-28-2019, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

Immortality, if accomplished, will be the most class based technological advancement ever achieved. It would be reserved for the wealthy.

I hope God exists, merely so everything you posted is wrong Nuggie. Immortality would be horrifying. Most people don’t lead moral lives with the burden of the ticking clock. I can’t imagine what we’d become
Old 07-28-2019, 01:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

quote from Men in Black:

Kay:

does your momma know you're trans?
Old 07-28-2019, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Immortality, if accomplished, will be the most class based technological advancement ever achieved. It would be reserved for the wealthy.

I hope God exists, merely so everything you posted is wrong Nuggie. Immortality would be horrifying. Most people don’t lead moral lives with the burden of the ticking clock. I can’t imagine what we’d become in its absence
Old 07-28-2019, 03:51 PM
Banned

Lol immortality.
Closed Thread