Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > NPC Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2020, 04:17 PM
Sarnak

Default Cargaila Pet exceeds sow speed (other shaman pets may also exhibit this behavior)

Cargaila'a Pet can run faster than a character with Sow. I can outrun Cargaila herself quite easily, however, No matter what I do, the pet continually exceeds sow speed. If rooted the mob will catch up eventually when running due to this, and you cannot otherwise stop the NPC pet from hitting you while running around the zone etc.
Old 08-07-2020, 04:58 PM
Sarnak

sounds like it might be related to the level of caster for sow? didn't they nerf the sow sword from VP because it was casting sow faster than it should, might be the same concept. if a high level dragon casts sow on its pet, it might be getting some extra speed% due to the level of caster.
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>
Old 08-07-2020, 05:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sounds like it might be related to the level of caster for sow? didn't they nerf the sow sword from VP because it was casting sow faster than it should, might be the same concept. if a high level dragon casts sow on its pet, it might be getting some extra speed% due to the level of caster.
If that were true, then Cargaila would also be faster than I am. This seems specific to the pet only, as I can outrun Cargaila using tactics I used in classic (jumping over dips, levitate, etc), however, the pet is able to evade these tactics, thereby showing it moves faster than it should be. Could be the base speed for the pet is off, but it definitely travels faster than it should be.
Old 08-08-2020, 12:38 PM
Sarnak

Hmm, you sure cargalia isn't the same speed as pet? She should stop to cast occasionally which would make testing it very difficult.
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>
Old 08-08-2020, 12:49 PM
Sarnak

Cargalia appears to behave the way one would expect a mob with Sow to behave. I maintain a steady distance, or get slightly farther away due to using the terrain to my advatnage. She does stop to cast occasionally, but she definitely like to melee more than cast. (from my experience. haha)
Closed Thread