Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-08-2020, 12:37 AM
Large Bat

Default World glitches out when facing certain directions

I have been having an issue where if I look a certain direction and my entire world disappears and all I see are sky tones/colors. I can still see particle effects of spells and my text boxes are there. If I look another direction, everything appears again. When the world disappears, all player models disappear as well. It seems that it may be when I'm looking at fire pits directly, but I haven't been able to confirm since it makes the game almost unplayable at times. This also doesn't happen immediately after logging in, it takes a while for the effect to happen as I can play for about an hour without issues but then it happens. I reinstalled EQ Titanium and copy/pasted all the V53 files directly into the new directory created on a slave drive. Any help/suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.
Old 08-08-2020, 01:08 AM
Sarnak

I had this issue years ago. I needed to do a clean install of my GPU drivers and it fixed it. This was on live, not on P99 however.
Old 08-08-2020, 03:15 AM
Large Bat

Thank you for the suggestion Albanwr! Reinstalled GPU drivers and so far so good! I appreciate your hasty reply!
Old 08-08-2020, 04:51 AM
Large Bat

Nevermind, back to the drawing board. Fresh drivers installed, Fresh Titanium install, Fresh Patch copied. Still having issues where the environment dissappears.