Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2020, 07:22 AM
Orc

Granted i think most stuff said here on forums can be taken as a grain of salt, because this is rant and rave, and really its mostly for entertainment.
Old 03-29-2020, 09:42 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please explain how the abovementioned tale creates a sociopolitical system that guarantees a systemic advantage to the in-group at the cost of the margibalized group detailed in the example.

Bigotry =/= Racism
OMFG it's finally happened, the academic's definition of systemic racism has been repeated long and hard enough by culture warriors that randos on the internet are using it as the definition of racism instead of "race-based bigotry" like everyone else sane does

I suppose I'll just pivot - this is awesome because I can refer to this post whenever someone says DMO is racist - after all, DMO has no systemic power on the server, we're just a roleplay guild
Old 03-29-2020, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benanov [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OMFG it's finally happened, the academic's definition of systemic racism has been repeated long and hard enough by culture warriors that randos on the internet are using it as the definition of racism instead of "race-based bigotry" like everyone else sane does

I suppose I'll just pivot - this is awesome because I can refer to this post whenever someone says DMO is racist - after all, DMO has no systemic power on the server, we're just a roleplay guild
Sorry man, but that bus left town at least 15 years ago, prob more like 25.
Old 03-29-2020, 03:56 PM
Sarnak

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/racism

Merriam disagrees. I don't expect drooling, racist cousin-fuckers to debate definitions, but here we are.

Solm and Nirgon are definitely racist. Benanov carries water for the racists. Try not being low life pieces of shit, I know you can do it.

Fat too.
Old 03-29-2020, 03:57 PM
Sarnak

Fuck lineage too.
Old 03-29-2020, 04:25 PM
Banned

Remember guys, if you say literally anything critical of another country you are a racist. You may not actually exhibit that you are a racist, buttttttt I can read minds and I know you are, and also I use the word *dogwhistle* like 40000 times a day when I can't actually prove any racist intent. I'm clairvoyant, ya know?
Old 03-29-2020, 04:27 PM
Banned

I mean the chinese are essentially noble savages, and I care very much about their struggles, much like I would an 8 year old child -a person who loves to think they are super-duper good and moral
Old 03-29-2020, 06:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrekt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/racism

Merriam disagrees. I don't expect drooling, racist cousin-fuckers to debate definitions, but here we are.

Solm and Nirgon are definitely racist. Benanov carries water for the racists. Try not being low life pieces of shit, I know you can do it.

Fat too.
The Coddling of the American Mind:
How Good Intentions and Bad Ideas Are Setting Up a Generation for Failure

​"First Amendment expert Greg Lukianoff and social psychologist Jonathan Haidt show how the new problems on campus have their origins in three terrible ideas that have become increasingly woven into American childhood and education: What doesn’t kill you makes you weaker; always trust your feelings; and life is a battle between good people and evil people. These three Great Untruths contradict basic psychological principles about well-being and ancient wisdom from many cultures. Embracing these untruths—and the resulting culture of safetyism—interferes with young people’s social, emotional, and intellectual development. It makes it harder for them to become autonomous adults who are able to navigate the bumpy road of life."
Old 03-29-2020, 07:47 PM
Banned

Even your own academics are beginning to abandon you guys. I guess we'll just have to let you tucker yourselves out crying. Naptime approaches.
Old 03-29-2020, 11:53 PM
Aviak

stinks of twitter in here
Closed Thread