Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2020, 09:55 PM
Aviak

Question Returning player seeking your opinion

Yo, what's up Project 1999? I haven't touched Everquest in many years, but catching a Green server advertisement on YouTube sucked me in once again, as I am sure happened to many of you guys.

I will have a TL;DR at the bottom for those not interested in the details of what I have to say.

Basically, there are goals that I have had for this game ever since I was in middle school during the Kunark/Velious days on live that I have never managed to attain. Not to get too personal, because honestly it shouldn't effect the content of this thread, but due to some pretty major health problems (Not Corona, Lol), I have more time than usual on the computer so I thought possibly trying to achieve these goals once and for all and that I can take the game seriously this time around.

Here, I will outline my goal and give my plan I put in place to achieve said goal, except for one issue that I am sure a lot of you are having right now. Since I found out about the Green server super late (just started leveling a week ago), I decided that if I could get to level 35 I would buy the 6 pack of Red Bull and put in the work that I know it would take to get a Guise of the Deceiver getting close to the Temple of Solusek Ro update removing legacy items. (If anyone has a slightly more specific or accurate time frame for this update, it would be super helpful to know.)

Luckily this time around I have my sister as a duo partner with me who is dedicated to help in any way she can, which I know is an invaluable tool in being successful this time around.

I decided since I was starting from scratch, for my play style and in game needs, Enchanter was the way for me to go. After heavy debate between a Cleric and a Druid, my duo partner decided to go Druid because we wanted to have SoW early game and we agreed that Cleric would be an excellent leveling partner for what would be my dream Warrior.

Now after hearing my plans, I assume you may be thinking it sounds pretty cut and dry on what I have to do to be successful, except I have one thing that is bothering me.

I know it may seem like a "Have your cake and eat it too." scenario and to be honest it very well may be, but after discussion with my duo partner, we came to the conclusion it may be interesting to possibly hear a few opinions on what you guys would do in my situation.

My main issue is that the last thing I want to do on this server, especially pure Classic, is to roll a Warrior with no items or plat. When compared to having a decent weapon and twink set, the class is just night and day to play from 1-35 being one of, if not the most gear dependent class in the game.

Here is a bit more information for you guys to work with. My Druid partner is more than willing to PL me if she were to get to the level necessary to PL a Warrior to 35. Currently my Enchanter is 15 and her Druid is 16.

The questions I am mainly asking myself is "Is it worth it setting aside one of my EQ dreams of playing a Warrior with good gear from level 1 and create him immediately today to get to 35 for my Guise?", or "Can my duo partner on their Druid with Clarity starting at 29 from my Enchanter get to a high enough level fast enough where she could just PL my Warrior using the money we make along the way to buy him a modest twink set?"

The optimal scenario in my mind would be the second option, I just do not know if it is an attainable goal or not. I know that low level is where you spend some of the least time in the game overall on your main character, but the point to me is that playing a twinked character is always 10x more fun than not and being that I am not sure how many more times I can gonna re-roll and start from scratch on EQ, I wanted to try and be a little greedy this time if at all possible.

The answer may very well be that you can't have your cake and eat it too, but I can't underestimate my duo partner as a factor here willing to do whatever she can whether it be PL'ing or porting for donations. We just thought it might be worth it to ask a few veterans since to be honest, even though I consider myself a borderline expert at this game, I know that compared to some of you out there I haven't even scratched the surface.

Thanks to anyone who took the time to read this and give it a thought. I am a pretty realistic person and I know that either way here I am pushing limits. I just thought hearing someone else's thoughts on the situation would help us in making our decision.

TL;DR: With the goal being to play a modestly twinked (maybe 10kpp?) Warrior and getting level 35 for Guise camp, would setting aside my dream of twinking a Warrior be the right thing to do because of the soon to be removal of legacy items? Or is it possible that a level 16 Druid could get high enough level in time leveling with an Enchanter to PL my Warrior in time to get 35 for Guise camp?

Long term, I do plan to join a legit raiding guild, put in the work, earn a spot and actually MT a raid target for the first time. So either way we plan to be a part of the community and we hope to see some of you guys in game.

Stay safe everyone!
Old 04-03-2020, 10:02 PM
Planar Protector

I need to warn you about the guise camp. It was perfectly doable for anyone up until the end of March, but now the wait list is so long due to the COVID stay at home thing that you need to be ready with a full double nights sleep. I have a 35 ranger that I missed my guise chance on because when I log in and check list every day now its like 17-19 people waiting since everyones at home. (but im an essential so I work normally right now) You will need to set aside about 3-4 days straight of time off without sleep clicking an AFK check box every 10 minutes or so. I managed to get a guise on my cleric a month ago when the list was closer to 4-5 on weekdays and youd maybe wait 6 hours on a good day. Now you might be there a few days if your lucky, and if your unlucky, youll get stuck at number 2 or 1 with no drops for a whole day too when your already dead tired.

You have until May to get a guise, but it looks like most people wont be working until after the shelve the legacy items.
Old 04-03-2020, 10:19 PM
Aviak

Hey Cen, a pleasure to meet you. Yeah I recently caught wind of this with the server numbers increasing fairly significantly due to the social distancing. I agree that these numbers seem pretty extreme for normal human beings and may very well be only for the hardcore of the hardcore.

The funny part is that my partner is down to try which is inspiring from a new player. She is thinking that even though the numbers are only going to get higher that if we stick it out there will be plenty of people who AFK and drop off. In fact I heard from one person that they moved up the Guise /list chain more often from AFKs / list drops than they did from actual Guise drops.

As with most things, only time will tell.

Another good question is what level does a Druid need to comfortably PL a Warrior to level 35 in a reasonable time frame?
Old 04-04-2020, 12:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yacoby44 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey Cen, a pleasure to meet you. Yeah I recently caught wind of this with the server numbers increasing fairly significantly due to the social distancing. I agree that these numbers seem pretty extreme for normal human beings and may very well be only for the hardcore of the hardcore.

The funny part is that my partner is down to try which is inspiring from a new player. She is thinking that even though the numbers are only going to get higher that if we stick it out there will be plenty of people who AFK and drop off. In fact I heard from one person that they moved up the Guise /list chain more often from AFKs / list drops than they did from actual Guise drops.

As with most things, only time will tell.

Another good question is what level does a Druid need to comfortably PL a Warrior to level 35 in a reasonable time frame?
You certainly can get a lot of people dropping off due to AFK but the line is so long that frequently it doesn’t make much of a difference.

For Druid PLing, it depends. You could certainly start doing some PLing earlier on in like the late 20s, but the Druid will need to continue to level because you’re going to need to be at least 39 to get the higher DS spell as the Warrior gets higher level. Really Druid PLing is much better at 44 and 49 with Chloroplast and the high level DS. Even better in Kunark at 51 when you get Superior Healing for oh shit moments if things go wrong in the PL.
Old 04-04-2020, 01:35 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You certainly can get a lot of people dropping off due to AFK but the line is so long that frequently it doesn’t make much of a difference.

For Druid PLing, it depends. You could certainly start doing some PLing earlier on in like the late 20s, but the Druid will need to continue to level because you’re going to need to be at least 39 to get the higher DS spell as the Warrior gets higher level. Really Druid PLing is much better at 44 and 49 with Chloroplast and the high level DS. Even better in Kunark at 51 when you get Superior Healing for oh shit moments if things go wrong in the PL.
Yeah, the realization is setting in a bit that with the combination of me finding out about the server so late with the current affairs going on in the world it is probably a long shot at this point.

Other than me figuring something else out, if I really want the Guise that badly, I may just have to suck it up and play an un-twinked Warrior. I think by the time I managed to get the Druid to 49 I probably wouldn't have enough time to PL the Warrior and make it onto the Guise list with any reasonable chance of success.

In other thoughts, if I wanted to be a Dark Elf that badly, I could always roll one. Having weak stats until Velious will be a little rough though.

Honestly at this point it will probably be more about how many are gonna be on the /list in 3 weeks time.

At this point, I think one of the only things that could help is if they decided to reopen Teal temporarily until Temple of Solusek Ro comes out. I am sure the chances are very slim of that happening, but crazier things have happened before I have heard.
Old 04-04-2020, 01:59 AM
Planar Protector

You could do some passable PL with a 29 druid because you'll have greater healing, but I'd say 34 minimum for access to regeneration. Obviously 49 would be ideal for that 24dmg DS though. In the time you have, I'd just get on leveling the warrior asap. Unless you're a pro and know where to grind and at what levels and have like 12+ hours a day to grind, you arnen't going to have time to level an enchanter, twink the warrior, level the warrior, and then successfully camp guise before removal. Even focusing on the warrior, it'd be iffy. Whatever way you go with this, best of luck!
Old 04-04-2020, 02:40 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You could do some passable PL with a 29 druid because you'll have greater healing, but I'd say 34 minimum for access to regeneration. Obviously 49 would be ideal for that 24dmg DS though. In the time you have, I'd just get on leveling the warrior asap. Unless you're a pro and know where to grind and at what levels and have like 12+ hours a day to grind, you arnen't going to have time to level an enchanter, twink the warrior, level the warrior, and then successfully camp guise before removal. Even focusing on the warrior, it'd be iffy. Whatever way you go with this, best of luck!
Thanks Tethler, that is the conclusion we have come to. I would have to rush 1-35 on my Warrior asap and then not even be guaranteed the chance at a Guise given that even with help, I doubt that I would have the stamina to stay up over 48 hours without failing to click an afk check.

Part me of thinks the only one of us with a real chance is her Druid since she is 16 already, rushing her to 35 would be our only shot at one of us getting our hands on one.

Not to mention, Dark Elf Druid sounds way more dope than Dark Elf Warrior, Lol.

Also, about the May 2020 schedule for Temple of Solusek Ro, do we have a specific date? Is it May 1st, or are they on purpose not giving the exact date? Knowing exact numbers would at least give me an idea if I could no life this and actually give a reasonable attempt at a 72 hour+ camp. Not opposed to hooking myself up to a shock machine. I am serious about my pixels, as I am sure most of you are out here.
Last edited by Yacoby44; 04-04-2020 at 02:55 AM..
Old 04-04-2020, 10:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yacoby44 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks Tethler, that is the conclusion we have come to. I would have to rush 1-35 on my Warrior asap and then not even be guaranteed the chance at a Guise given that even with help, I doubt that I would have the stamina to stay up over 48 hours without failing to click an afk check.

Part me of thinks the only one of us with a real chance is her Druid since she is 16 already, rushing her to 35 would be our only shot at one of us getting our hands on one.

Not to mention, Dark Elf Druid sounds way more dope than Dark Elf Warrior, Lol.

Also, about the May 2020 schedule for Temple of Solusek Ro, do we have a specific date? Is it May 1st, or are they on purpose not giving the exact date? Knowing exact numbers would at least give me an idea if I could no life this and actually give a reasonable attempt at a 72 hour+ camp. Not opposed to hooking myself up to a shock machine. I am serious about my pixels, as I am sure most of you are out here.
The schedule plans on first Friday each month for a big patch. For may it happens to be the 1st so thats likely.

One thing: theres two of you. This means if you get to 35 getting a guise might be easy, since you can guarantee not dying by doing shifts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-04-2020, 01:12 PM
Sarnak

Also worth mentioning, even without twinking, warriors are in demand at low levels on this server. I've been rolling as a Shaman (level 30 now) and most of my groups are always sorely lacking a tank. I've been group main tank as an untwinked shaman in mostly banded before and done splendidly- a warrior in a similar situation will be just fine, if not welcomed.

Just research how root aggro works, because it's its own animal and as a warrior without proc weapons you're going to need to rely on groupmates to root often.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 04-04-2020, 01:36 PM
Kobold

What race is your dream warrior?
Closed Thread