Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2021, 04:28 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default text resolution

I cannot read the text in game. No matter the resolution , and I have tried switching between most of them, I cant read anything.

Is there a fix to this?..

Thank you in advance

I guess I should add that Im newb to the game. Very green. So it may be something that I have clicked (or didnt) that I should have.

Any help is appreciated.
Last edited by Gilbegger; 02-11-2021 at 04:31 PM.. Reason: more information
Old 02-11-2021, 04:33 PM
Sarnak

Did you try changing the font size? You can do this with the command /chatfontsize #

I forget the range, I usually do 5.
Old 02-11-2021, 04:52 PM
Sarnak

Also, when you get a chance, you may want to check out this page here for other possibly useful commands on the wiki: https://wiki.project1999.com/Commands

I just perused it myself and even though I've got many years of experience in EQ I still learned some new useful ones I didn't know about!
Old 02-11-2021, 04:53 PM
Fire Giant

You also might need to set the font itself. It can be done in options (once you're in game) using Alt+O to open the menu. You'll see a font box in the lower right corner, you may want to play with that a bit. But do what TripSin said first, try /chatfontsize 5
Old 02-11-2021, 06:12 PM
Aviak

hi.

if also talk about all the other text in the game. e.g. the font in the Inventory and the Skills.
you can do some things to make it better for you :

-change the windows screen resolution . i play on one PC here on a tv screen with 1280x720 ... on my other other PC i can use 1920x1080 but only because the tv ist much bigger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
after lowering the windows resolution you start the game and you must also change the resolution ingame of course .. so all fonts are bigger ... perhaps the picture sharness is not so good anymore and the picture looks a litte blurry. you must check it for yourself if this is good for you ... for me it it is ok.

-for the chat change the fontsize ( /chatfontsize 1-5 ) and try out other fonts ... this helps a lot for the chat to read.
Old 02-11-2021, 07:11 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

tyvm...i used the change font size command and it made it smaller...so there is hope. I couldnt make it bigger..

Ill try the command link..

Tyvm for the suggestions!!
Old 02-11-2021, 07:16 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

that did it!! i put it to 6...and BINGO!!

I must have been typing it in wrong...I couldnt see the responses in chat...then it got smaller.

6 got it very large , 5 seems perfect.

Thank you all!!

also...my biggest problem is the window size of my UI elements...and I just read that a small resolution size makes them too small to read...which is my problem. Ill try and reload with a smaller resolution...till it fits my needs. (crosses fingers)
Last edited by Gilbegger; 02-11-2021 at 07:27 PM..
Old 02-11-2021, 08:04 PM
Planar Protector

This thread here has some good suggestions for making 4k elements easier to see

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=375721
Old 02-11-2021, 08:10 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

ok...the best i can get to read the UI headings seems to be 1176 x 664. But its still hard to read. Is there a better UI to download or are there commands in game to adjust them?

Its odd because i dont have this problem on city of heroes. I can read text all day.

Thank you Kavious...This is EXACTLY my problem!! Ill read on and hopefully there is a fix in your link...TYVM!!
Last edited by Gilbegger; 02-11-2021 at 08:12 PM..
Old 02-11-2021, 09:13 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Ok...after following the suggestions and trying various settings...I cant adjust the size of the UI pieces. They are too small...and I cant play what I cant see....so...Ill keep an eye out of the link...and hopefully there is a fix.

Thanks all...take care.
Closed Thread