Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2022, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dunno why jan 6th is such an issue for either side. Like, I think anyone who actually committed crimes, especially violent crimes on that day should be held accountable. But their punishment should roughly fit the crime. Locking up some confused grandma who wandered in and was dazzled by the spectacle of it all in solitary confinement seems a bit cruel and unusual.

The right sometimes downplays it too much, but that is far outweighed by how hyperbolic the left gets about it. No, our democracy was not even remotely in danger. It was like a handful of doofuses who actually went in, out of tens of thousands who declined to participate. The rowdy ones got booted out of the joint and everything resumed as normal, trump conceded, and there was a completely peaceful transfer of power. Moveeeee onnnnnn.
Josh Hawley sure thought it was a big deal
Old 08-17-2022, 06:01 PM
Banned

I heard they got as close as 40 feet from Pence. And the Secret Service kept moving him around for safety.

Nah, I'm sure the Everquest forum guys know more about protecting people from mobs than the Secret Service.
Old 08-17-2022, 06:11 PM
Planar Protector

Nah it’s cool man, making senators run for their lives is a hallmark of a healthy democracy

Although in Hawley’s case, judging by his run resembling my daughter’s on the soccer field when she was 9, it probably doesn’t take much. Probably a strong wind would do it
Old 08-17-2022, 06:17 PM
Planar Protector

Bernie sanders tweeted INTC raised their dividend. If that’s true these guys aren’t even trying anymore
Old 08-17-2022, 06:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah it’s cool man, making senators run for their lives is a hallmark of a healthy democracy
Old 08-17-2022, 06:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dunno why jan 6th is such an issue for either side. Like, I think anyone who actually committed crimes, especially violent crimes on that day should be held accountable. But their punishment should roughly fit the crime. Locking up some confused grandma who wandered in and was dazzled by the spectacle of it all in solitary confinement seems a bit cruel and unusual.

The right sometimes downplays it too much, but that is far outweighed by how hyperbolic the left gets about it. No, our democracy was not even remotely in danger. It was like a handful of doofuses who actually went in, out of tens of thousands who declined to participate. The rowdy ones got booted out of the joint and everything resumed as normal, trump conceded, and there was a completely peaceful transfer of power. Moveeeee onnnnnn.
Remember that show Black Mirror, where each episode was a “what if” scenario that was also a dystopia?

Dems should try to create an episode “what if Jan 6th was successful in overthrowing the government”. That would be fun, because they would have to create a scenario where that unarmed mob somehow held the capital. Maybe Pence could get killed in it. But then they would really be hitting a roadblock on how holding that capitol for some period of time resulted in a new government being declared. Because it would have to involve either getting the entire US military support, or else somehow beating the us military

I would give Dems a few hundred million dollar budget to make that show just to see them try to figure out how the Jan 6 riot would result in a complete overthrow of government
Old 08-17-2022, 07:03 PM
Banned

That movie already exists it's called The First Purge
Old 08-17-2022, 07:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That movie already exists it's called The First Purge
Didn’t see it, maybe I’ll have to. Heard it wasn’t that great, that’s the one where people in masks start killing everyone?

My scenario wasn’t meant to be a mockery, I’m genuinely curious as to how it could be possible. I don’t doubt that some, if not all, of the rioters or insurrectionists had that as their goal. If I was there interviewing them, I imagine it would go something like this:

“What do you guys want?”
“To certify Trump as President!”
“Ok and how are you going to accomplish that?”
“First, we take the capital!”
“Ok, and then?”
“We hang Mike Pence!”
“Ok, and then?”
“Uhhh Trump becomes President”
“No, sorry it doesn’t work like that. What happens when capital police come and arrest you?”

So their plan, if they had one, was shit. The Dems suggest that they have come up with a hypothetical insurrection plan that could have actually worked. So what is theirs?
Old 08-17-2022, 07:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didn’t see it, maybe I’ll have to. Heard it wasn’t that great, that’s the one where people in masks start killing everyone?

My scenario wasn’t meant to be a mockery, I’m genuinely curious as to how it could be possible. I don’t doubt that some, if not all, of the rioters or insurrectionists had that as their goal. If I was there interviewing them, I imagine it would go something like this:

“What do you guys want?”
“To certify Trump as President!”
“Ok and how are you going to accomplish that?”
“First, we take the capital!”
“Ok, and then?”
“We hang Mike Pence!”
“Ok, and then?”
“Uhhh Trump becomes President”
“No, sorry it doesn’t work like that. What happens when capital police come and arrest you?”

So their plan, if they had one, was shit. The Dems suggest that they have come up with a hypothetical insurrection plan that could have actually worked. So what is theirs?
Old 08-17-2022, 07:26 PM
Banned

They were just dogs that caught the car that day
Closed Thread