Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2022, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
None of this makes any sense. What work are you talking about. No idea what black pills are. A bit gay on the references
Well, we were talking about LOTR which has established characters.. right? then Rob put in his 2 bits about Religion and Jesus to which you agreed it is all silly and no one should care. Black pills are an internet reference to depressives, fatalists and it works via discouragement. They have a color for all sorts of stuff. It's a bit gay because you are mad, maybe Gimli can be a bald gay dwarf since Tolkien didn't specify and its all silly anyway.
Old 08-23-2022, 12:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, we were talking about LOTR which has established characters.. right? then Rob put in his 2 bits about Religion and Jesus to which you agreed it is all silly and no one should care. Black pills are an internet reference to depressives, fatalists and it works via discouragement. They have a color for all sorts of stuff. It's a bit gay because you are mad, maybe Gimli can be a bald gay dwarf since Tolkien didn't specify and its all silly anyway.
I already said I have never once had a thought “boy I wish there were more bald heroes because I’m bald”, literally a few posts back. I’m not narcissistic to where I need everything to look like me. You keep slipping in stuff about being gay probably because you are in the closet? Just come out, no one will care if you are gay or not. All the gay sexual references are weird though

And yea, sorry your feelings got hurt I said Jesus wasn’t white (unless I am wrong on that, fairly sure I heard based on where he was from he most likely wasn’t white, not an expert on Jesus), and I don’t see the point in changing his image

At work atm and gotta go for a while
Old 08-23-2022, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I already said I have never once had a thought “boy I wish there were more bald heroes because I’m bald”, literally a few posts back.
Lol you got the reference.

Quote:
I’m not narcissistic to where I need everything to look like me. You keep slipping in stuff about being gay probably because you are in the closet? Just come out, no one will care if you are gay or not. All the gay sexual references are weird though
We were talking about how these established characters are being changed to suit modern tastes, such as having their goobers hacked off and such.

Edit: This is usually were Rob will speak up, in this case he brought up Jesus not being a White American. Keen Perceptions

Quote:
And yea, sorry your feelings got hurt I said Jesus wasn’t white (unless I am wrong on that, fairly sure I heard based on where he was from he most likely wasn’t white, not an expert on Jesus), and I don’t see the point in changing his image

At work atm and gotta go for a while
Hehe, white isn't a race though unless you are American.
Last edited by Mblake1981; 08-23-2022 at 12:50 PM..
Old 08-23-2022, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
fatalists
Mortal men doomed to die

Quote:
Recently, an amusing bit of news came out of an obscure front in the culture war: the world of video games.
Old 08-23-2022, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was that about them removing the pride flags from a spiderman game? I seen this on twitter. Some say it was just a setting switch to make the game use its Muslim settings which never had them. They are calling it islamophobic and wrapping it up neatly with their new Internet-Hitler: MAGA and Trump.
Old 08-23-2022, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Was that about them removing the pride flags from a spiderman game? I seen this on twitter. Some say it was just a setting switch to make the game use its Muslim settings which never had them. They are calling it islamophobic and wrapping it up neatly with their new Internet-Hitler: MAGA and Trump.
Sounds right yeah. Questionable website though, with Greenwald and Zizek being involved. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-23-2022, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds right yeah. Questionable website though, with Greenwald and Zizek being involved. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Couldn't be bothered, find it too absurd to even be talking about a spiderman game or any drama surrounding it.

Just to keep track:

LOTR
Religion and Jesus
Bald Gay Dwarfs
Spiderman and Pride Flags
Old 08-23-2022, 01:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
None of this makes any sense. What work are you talking about. No idea what black pills are. A bit gay on the references
He thinks I am a nihilist because I see patterns, and that you understanding this parallel between religious parables and elastic modern fiction is to open the door to my nihilism

But I believe strongly in certain things. He just disagrees with those things I guess
Old 08-23-2022, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He thinks I am a nihilist because I see patterns, and that you understanding this parallel between religious parables and elastic modern fiction is to open the door to my nihilism

But I believe strongly in certain things. He just disagrees with those things I guess
He's thinking about what I am thinking about him and if I am thinking them or not. I'm concerned.
Old 08-23-2022, 01:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
He's thinking about what I am thinking about him and if I am thinking them or not. I'm concerned.
I’m not, this is how I approach being extremely online and it has worked fairly well for 25 years or so

Squat in people’s heads, don’t pay rent
Closed Thread