Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2022, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fix'd
Sad Botten pretending a failed 'comedy' show that is no longer funny is whataboutism

Sad Botten so Sad
Old 09-06-2022, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh
Fix'd
Old 09-06-2022, 01:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fix'd
Sad Botten wallowing in the abyss of absolute and total failure

Just like his hero Grandpa Satan
Old 09-06-2022, 03:57 PM
Banned

So apparently the same kind of secretly-racist SJW’s who could only think of black people when they saw orcs in Peter Jackson’s LOTR and tried to get the movies cancelled are back at coping with their own guilt at being racist

Now they see black people in the monkey from space race in Dungeons And Dragons and whined to wizards of the coast to have it removed. Let’s hope they don’t realize there’s an entire series of very popular movies involving sentient apes

Pro tip: if you think of black people when you see orcs or monkeys in a fantasy world, YOU are the racist, and you know it. And because you know it, you compensate for your own internal guilt with this crusade against it, thinking that it will absolve you from your own racist thoughts. It won’t btw
Last edited by Rogean; 04-17-2024 at 05:01 PM..
Old 09-06-2022, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

The establishment looking at entertainment and ignoring violence and sex in media:

Old 09-06-2022, 04:07 PM
Banned

Saruman was first LBTGO2KKDBFG2000 in Middle Earth. He tried to empower marginalized groups with training and equity, leading to nearly 60% URUK HAI CEO positions.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-06-2022, 06:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So apparently the same kind of secretly-racist SJW’s who could only think of black people when they saw orcs in Peter Jackson’s LOTR and tried to get the movies cancelled are back at coping with their own guilt at being racist

Now they see black people in the monkey from space race in Dungeons And Dragons and whined to wizards of the coast to have it removed. Let’s hope they don’t realize there’s an entire series of very popular movies involving sentient apes

Pro tip: if you think of black people when you see orcs or monkeys in a fantasy world, YOU are the racist, and you know it. And because you know it, you compensate for your own internal guilt with this crusade against it, thinking that it will absolve you from your own racist thoughts. It won’t btw
Plus tons of monkeys are actually white, they just have brown fur. White people (especially those damn hairy greeks!) are just as comparable to "apes" or whatever. It really is projected internal racism on the part of the sjw.
Old 09-06-2022, 06:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Plus tons of monkeys are actually white, they just have brown fur. White people (especially those damn hairy greeks!) are just as comparable to "apes" or whatever. It really is projected internal racism on the part of the sjw.
Can't tell if feigning ignorance or actually ignorant. It was a common description in scientific and other accountings of the 19th and early 20th centuries. It has since fallen out of favor.
Old 09-06-2022, 07:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can't tell if feigning ignorance or actually ignorant. It was a common description in scientific and other accountings of the 19th and early 20th centuries. It has since fallen out of favor.
I understand that blackface and black people depicted as monkeys existed in the past

I can’t jump inside people’s heads, but I can near-guarantee that apes were chosen as the race for sentient animals in more modern fiction due to them being the closest to us in actual measurable intelligence. So when we look at evil intent, there is none. Not currently. Therefore, I personally don’t think even wearing black makeup should be seen as the cardinal sin that it is

It’s weird that only certain things done to others undeservingly still effect modern day culture. For example, just off the top of my head, during our revolution I’m sure some innocent people ended up getting tarred and feathered. I heard that shit hurt. I don’t think it killed you, but it hurt pretty bad, maybe you died later to infection. Should we out of deference to those permanently scarred by tar and feathering, say no human should be allowed to dress up in a big bird costume?
Last edited by Rogean; 04-17-2024 at 05:01 PM..
Closed Thread