Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2022, 09:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Someone used AI to race swap the new Little Mermaid Trailer

Is causing a complete meltdown on the Internetz

Attachment 18776
Apparently the Chinese government did it, because black people are almost illegal there (no comment, BLM?)

People are mad at the wrong thing: live action remakes of Disney cartoons shouldn't exist in the first place. They're an abomination worthy of destruction.
Old 09-14-2022, 12:48 AM
Planar Protector

Its easy to get mad at china but then frustrating when you realize we're worse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-14-2022, 01:02 AM
Planar Protector

Default blake content

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-14-2022, 02:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Apparently the Chinese government did it, because black people are almost illegal there (no comment, BLM?)

People are mad at the wrong thing: live action remakes of Disney cartoons shouldn't exist in the first place. They're an abomination worthy of destruction.
The original adaptations of the fairy tales by Disney have been fairly changed as is. Many of those stories were much more atrocious. Who cares what they do with their altered versions. Besides before the cartoon versions of Mulan and Frog Princess there weren’t Asian and African decent Disney princesses. Stands to reason you could make more money being culturally diverse. Kinda funny how conservatives are okay if Mulan cross dresses and pretends to be a guy.. but would flip out if a male Disney character pretended to be a Disney princess (* cough Marco Diaz ) .

Disney is being more progressive. Good for them. Le Fool was even finally shown to be gay in the live action.
Last edited by Botten; 09-14-2022 at 02:39 AM..
Old 09-14-2022, 02:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Besides before the cartoon versions of Mulan and Frog Princess there weren’t Asian and African decent Disney princesses.
Aladdin?
Old 09-14-2022, 02:52 AM
Banned

S Tier kids movies:

Lion King (of course)
The Secret of Nimh (IMO)
Lilo and Stitch
Wall-E

A Tier:

Toy story
Aladdin

And the rest fall pretty far below that. Nemo and Monsters inc are ok I guess. The new stuff is garbage. Jk haven’t seen it, but probably

And whitewashing is fuckin stupid too. I don’t give a shit had Aladdin been brown, that was just a great damn story. I don’t need to see a bald hero to like the movie
Old 09-14-2022, 02:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah China hates black people, to the point where they try to cut out or shrink black actors in any movie advertisement

Rather than take a stand against racism and hitting them where it hurts though, Hollywood still sells them their movies because $$ ova everything, including principles

Edit: hitting them where it hurts is no longer possible because it no longer would hurt to refuse to sell them the garbage they are churning out now
Last edited by unsunghero; 09-14-2022 at 03:10 AM..
Old 09-14-2022, 03:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t need to see a bald hero to like the movie
helps though

"In a dog-eat-dog future, bald warrior Rogaine Kaladim must fight gym-criminals to survive."
Old 09-14-2022, 03:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
helps though

"In a dog-eat-dog future, bald warrior Rogaine Kaladim must fight gym-criminals to survive."
Lol S Tier story I agree

I think each person puts their own amount of varying significance on it and I think that amount is based on how self-centered they are individually. The entire idea of empathy is to try to understand what it’s like in someone else’s shoes. But our current culture is all about me me me and general nihilism

It’s part of the reason our divorce rate is so high. Rather than feeling obligated to one’s country, religion, or something more important than themselves to make the marriage work, it’s easier to just bail as soon as me is no longer happy for a bit
Old 09-14-2022, 03:33 AM
Banned

And I know that it could easily be flipped on me to say “why can’t you empathize with a gay hero then?”

And the reality is some of my favorite all time kids movies are about female heroes (nimh), lilo and/or anamorphic characters

I don’t like deliberate race/gender/sexuality swapping kind of because it looks like pandering and attempting to gain a shield against criticism, but mostly because it demonstrates a lack of creativity to come up with an original story for the desired inclusion group and also mostly because the result usually sucks

There’s a reason House of the Dragon despite having a diverse cast and strong female leads is getting much better reviews than Rings of Power, and it has nothing to do with which is more or less woke, and everything to do with quality. Making poor quality woke stuff is just conditioning everyone to expect woke = crap, and is actually doing a disservice to wokeness
Last edited by unsunghero; 09-14-2022 at 03:44 AM..
Closed Thread