Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2022, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
On June 17, 2021, the McCloskeys pleaded guilty to misdemeanor offenses, with Mark being charged with fourth-degree assault and Patricia being charged with second-degree harassment.[7]

Mark averred that, with all other charges dropped, he had, indeed, "instilled fear" in the mob, as charged, and that he will do the same thing 'again, and again, and again.'
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-16-2022, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm older than you are so I'll take a pass. The farthest distances I ever had to run in my youth was mile and a half. Never was all that good at for it, average at best....liver or something always hurt terribly. Not my idea of fun. Doing ordinary work and household/property maintenance suffices to stay in decent shape. You city slickers have a tougher time of it, always cooped up like you are and usually working behind a desk.

Always amazes me that the Zulu impis could travel the distances and speeds they did--and barefoot in rough country and scrubland. They were bona-fide "foot cavalry." To this day their conditioning remains something of a military legend.

Danth
Now that I live on some acreage I find this to be somewhat true. I still do activities to stay in shape. I play hockey once a week, pickleball when I can. Swim, Bike and run get mixed in. More and more I'm liking running.
Old 09-16-2022, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteaded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now that I live on some acreage I find this to be somewhat true. I still do activities to stay in shape. I play hockey once a week, pickleball when I can. Swim, Bike and run get mixed in. More and more I'm liking running.
Yeah, that's a good way to put it. Not saying it's as good as or a substitute for real bodybuilding/training--just good enough for someone like me who isn't a hobbyist and where "good enough" really is good enough. I'll mow the yard with the push mower instead of the rider when the weather's decent (not a small yard--it's a tough job doing it like that), I prefer using the bow saw over a gas chainsaw, I split with the axe instead of a power splitter, stuff like that. I wear 38's now instead of 36's like I did twenty years ago, that's a decent holding action against middle age spread. I wore 34's when I was in high school but that was too much of a stick, 6 foot 3 doesn't look good like that and I can lift a hell of a lot heavier stuff than I could when I was that age. I can still carry my wife around the house which is testament to both of us staying in decent trim. Main thing is I can't drink pop nonstop anymore like I could when I was a teenager, mostly drink water these days. Probably also helps that the fast food restaurants around here are utterly wretched....I barely ever eat out. I liked McD's plenty when I was younger but it's just not the same anymore.

Danth
Old 09-16-2022, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

Why are you guys talking about running now? Running sucks.
Old 09-16-2022, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, that's a good way to put it. Not saying it's as good as or a substitute for real bodybuilding/training--just good enough for someone like me who isn't a hobbyist and where "good enough" really is good enough. I'll mow the yard with the push mower instead of the rider when the weather's decent (not a small yard--it's a tough job doing it like that), I prefer using the bow saw over a gas chainsaw, I split with the axe instead of a power splitter, stuff like that. I wear 38's now instead of 36's like I did twenty years ago, that's a decent holding action against middle age spread. I wore 34's when I was in high school but that was too much of a stick, 6 foot 3 doesn't look good like that and I can lift a hell of a lot heavier stuff than I could when I was that age. I can still carry my wife around the house which is testament to both of us staying in decent trim. Main thing is I can't drink pop nonstop anymore like I could when I was a teenager, mostly drink water these days. Probably also helps that the fast food restaurants around here are utterly wretched....I barely ever eat out. I liked McD's plenty when I was younger but it's just not the same anymore.

Danth

At my largest I was wearing 34's...now I'm in 32's and that feels great.
Old 09-16-2022, 01:25 PM
Banned

It's still politics though.

The pro-running saints vs the anti-running bigots.

Sounds like the pro-running agenda ruining democracy again
Old 09-16-2022, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why are you guys talking about running now? Running sucks.
Running on someone has a good meaning in certain dialectizations.
Old 09-16-2022, 01:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
I'm older than you are so I'll take a pass. The farthest distances I ever had to run in my youth was mile and a half. Never was all that good at for it, average at best....liver or something always hurt terribly. Not my idea of fun. Doing ordinary work and household/property maintenance suffices to stay in decent shape. You city slickers have a tougher time of it, always cooped up like you are and usually working behind a desk.

Always amazes me that the Zulu impis could travel the distances and speeds they did--and barefoot in rough country and scrubland. They were bona-fide "foot cavalry." To this day their conditioning remains something of a military legend.

Danth
Yea, any physical labor is still considered a form of exercise to me. That can be up to thousands of extra calories burned in a day

No matter how much someone is older, I’ll be their age one day. I hope. That’s something I’ve been thinking about more and more lately, longevity

I worry about my heart when I push it, especially as someone who’s had both the vaxx and covid…which in no case will make your heart better. At best it’s the same, at worst, it’s much worse
Old 09-16-2022, 02:03 PM
Banned

Quote:

Danth
Yea I like hearing about those kind of phenoms too. It can all be explained though, but I lack the complete knowledge of how. If you have conditioned your muscles to be the slow-twitch kind, and also very strong for that type, they can become incredibly efficient. To the point where it seems they can almost go indefinitely
Last edited by unsunghero; 09-16-2022 at 02:07 PM..
Old 09-16-2022, 02:04 PM
Banned

I want to build my own log cabin in the woods, like this absolute chad.

Good exercise, healthy for the mind, and no politics.

Closed Thread