Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 11-17-2022, 07:43 AM
Large Rat

Cool New warrior on blue

Hello! I've played for two years on Green before I switched to blue. I've decided to roll a Wood Elf Warrior as my first character. Many friendly players flocked to me and gave me Crustacean armor, Jade Mace, Sarnak Parrying Blade and I even managed to snag Infestation at level 13! My question is: Now that I have a raid tier piercing weapon, I need to get my hands on 1hb and 1hs. So, as I am not very experienced at playing a warrior, I need recommendations regarding which items (preferably cheap as I only have 180 plat on myself) should I get that have proc effect on them so I can hold better aggro.

See you in-game!
-Belowground 16 Warrior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Rengeveta; 11-17-2022 at 07:46 AM..
Old 11-17-2022, 08:36 AM
Kobold

those are already good 1h weapons so i'm assuming you meant 2h

for 2hb and 2hs, get yourself a sarnak battlehammer and an argent defender, both of which sell for 75-100ish (or less if you tell them you're new)

aggro weapons as you guessed are absolutely vital for warrior tanking. since you get no spells and taunt is dogshit 99% of your performance as an aggro magnet will be from proc weapons. infestation already procs poison so you can use it (i'm not sure how much aggro it does but beats nothing.) i'd say pair it with a cheap 50pp proc weapon like obsidian shard, smoldering brand or polished granite tomahawk and you're golden for your low levels

as you level up to 30+, those weapons become pretty piss, so you'll have to consider camping/investing in higher level weapons like staff of battle. (VERY solid dps 30-50) excellent mid-level proc weapons include shortsword of the ykesha, kunzar kujuch, firerune brand (last two drop almost always from trash in city of mist) and as you get higher level and start making 4-figure plat consider iconic meme setups like sarnak warhammer+silken whip of ensnaring

besides gear, remember to hunt for clickies. it's also very important, because as a warrior you get fuck all in terms of utility and you don't want to be stranded and helpless when your shaman buddy decides to log in for the night. that's why you should get ring of shadows for invis, spirit of the wolf pots, leatherfoot raider skullcap for an instant gate, and maybe even camp pegasus cloak for clicky lev one day

above all remember to have fun[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

23 y/o forever DM and old school fantasy nerd - Discord: midoo
Odym Drekk
- 54 BAR SHM (main) || Midoo - 52 BAR WAR (alt)

Old 11-17-2022, 09:35 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
those are already good 1h weapons so i'm assuming you meant 2h

infestation already procs poison so you can use it (i'm not sure how much aggro it does but beats nothing.)

n[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Infestation is top tier agro and kind of the standard non raiding warrior agro mainhand now.
Add in a frostbringers once it starts to proc and don't worry about agro weapons until you start to get raid stuff.
Jade mace is a fine offhand for a long time as well
Old 11-17-2022, 09:43 AM
Planar Protector

I’d just a frostbringer and staff of battle. You have a solid kit so far, I’d get to playing and having fun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-17-2022, 09:57 AM
Sarnak

infestation and frostbringer is a sufficient threat weapon setup for end game raiding. is there better setups? obviously, but those are legit sufficient. jade mace and sarnak parrying blade are both decent white damage weapons for when you arent tanking and just need to dps. again, much better out there, but those are fine for now and invest money elsewhere.

for the time being, infestation main hand, jade mace offhand. dont worry about weapon skills, you can level them up whenever you get a different weapon in like an hour or so. once you hit 50 swap the jade mace for a silken whip on ensnaring so your targets cant run away.
Old 11-17-2022, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

Ya all you need is a frostbringer and you're basically done with weapons til raiding.
Old 11-17-2022, 12:47 PM
Fire Giant

Should have went dark elf...wood elf pfft [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]