Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2019, 12:48 PM
Large Rat

Smile Xyyth: Gnome Necromancer

Hi everyone! I just made my first Project 1999 character on the Green Server on Sunday, Dec 8. He's a Gnome Necromancer named Xyyth. I want to thank those individuals who were so kind to help out as I get reacclimated to Everquest. I played from 1999 - 2006. I started as a gnome wizard named Xyryn but ended up maining a Vah Shir Beastlord named...well, Xyyth. These are just names I stick with in a lot of RPGs and MMOs.

Anyway, I look forward to meeting you in game and hope we can eventually group and raid together. I'm an age 44 adult and original EQ player. Also looking for a great grouping and raiding guild if you would have me. Thank you.
Old 12-09-2019, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

Welcome back to Norrath!!

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 12-09-2019, 02:42 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuruChaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi everyone! I just made my first Project 1999 character on the Green Server on Sunday, Dec 8. He's a Gnome Necromancer named Xyyth. I want to thank those individuals who were so kind to help out as I get reacclimated to Everquest. I played from 1999 - 2006. I started as a gnome wizard named Xyryn but ended up maining a Vah Shir Beastlord named...well, Xyyth. These are just names I stick with in a lot of RPGs and MMOs.

Anyway, I look forward to meeting you in game and hope we can eventually group and raid together. I'm an age 44 adult and original EQ player. Also looking for a great grouping and raiding guild if you would have me. Thank you.
Welcome back!
Old 12-09-2019, 10:33 PM
Fire Giant

Talking

Glad to have you aboard Xyyth!

Please refer to the P99 Wiki if you want information about quests, npcs, classes, spells!

It has a ton of stuff! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hope your adventures in Green are always fun and amazing! May you meet the best people the server has to offer and that you get everything out of this server you might need or want.

Super big hug to you from the Isthmus! Yay!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 12-10-2019, 12:59 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuruChaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi everyone! I just made my first Project 1999 character on the Green Server on Sunday, Dec 8. He's a Gnome Necromancer named Xyyth.
Much better place to be Guru, a first thread in rants and flames is like walking into an active firefight and yelling "HEY GUYS WHAT'S UP!"- you best have some good cover to duck behind right about nowish.

As mentioned, people in game all seem nice and helpful, very different than much of the forum denizens. You'll remember everything quickly and you'll have just as much fun as you did back then, it's just as good a game now. Better, because everyone pretty much knows what they are doing, back in the day when you invited someone to your group you semi-often found they had no clue.
Old 12-10-2019, 11:53 AM
Large Rat

I found the best kobold camp group on Monday, Dec. 9. It was so much fun that it practically made up for Day 1 wheel spinning. I had some comments to make and just thought that is where I should make them. I guess I should have read through the forum first. Oh well. Thanks to all of you who have been so helpful and kind. I look forward to grouping with you. Look me up.
Old 12-10-2019, 04:22 PM
Sarnak

Welcome!
Old 12-11-2019, 04:29 PM
Large Rat

Oh...I'm now in Crushbone and loving it. Thanks again for the nice welcomes.

By the way...can anyone recommend a kind guild on the green server that is good to group and raid with in the future? I am enjoying the groups I've found so far but have only seen 2 guilds: Castle and another that begins with an A (can't remember exactly).
Old 12-11-2019, 05:13 PM
Kobold

I started on green with a enchanter and 1-16 has been hard so far. I wish i rolled a necro they have such a great solo path to 60 and some insane guides.