Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2019, 12:52 PM
Large Rat

Default Exp Progression a Bit Slower Than Usual?

Is the EXP speed from 1-5 as intended? It seems a bit slower than normal.

I remember leveling from 1-2 rather quickly in original EQ and then getting up to level 5 in less than 2 hours.

If it's as intended, have at it. I was just curious. Lots of deaths in the noob area in Akanon. I mean a LOT. I think some don't know they can loot their corpses and get their stuff back.
Old 12-09-2019, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Nah, it took like 8+ hours to do it back in the past.
Old 12-09-2019, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

Git gud
Old 12-09-2019, 01:09 PM
Sarnak

Part of the reason you see so many gnome corpses is people get the idea that mages are very powerful. So off to whatever city they desire (Ak Anon in this case) and make a shiny new mage. Lo and behold, mages don't get a pet until level 4. Level 1 is pretty easy, just kill even con's.

Level 2/3 with no pet takes forever. There's coyotes that'll kill you fast. Wandering skeleton (the level 6 one, not the level 1 decaying ones) plus that dam troll make life pretty crappy. Chances of getting a kobold camp group is very low until level 4; they're yellow and red con's so you're not landing a nuke on them anyway.

So after 5 hours of playing you've finally managed to ding level 3, looted every corpse up to now. Just as you're about to finish off a kobold runt that dam skeleton wanders by killing you.

OH FFS! Gnome mages suck! Leave the corpse, delete the toon and go make a DE necro! They rock.
Old 12-11-2019, 01:25 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Part of the reason you see so many gnome corpses is people get the idea that mages are very powerful. So off to whatever city they desire (Ak Anon in this case) and make a shiny new mage. Lo and behold, mages don't get a pet until level 4. Level 1 is pretty easy, just kill even con's.

Level 2/3 with no pet takes forever. There's coyotes that'll kill you fast. Wandering skeleton (the level 6 one, not the level 1 decaying ones) plus that dam troll make life pretty crappy. Chances of getting a kobold camp group is very low until level 4; they're yellow and red con's so you're not landing a nuke on them anyway.

So after 5 hours of playing you've finally managed to ding level 3, looted every corpse up to now. Just as you're about to finish off a kobold runt that dam skeleton wanders by killing you.

OH FFS! Gnome mages suck! Leave the corpse, delete the toon and go make a DE necro! They rock.
Why the fuck do mages get reclaim energy at level 1 but no pet until 4?! dumb class is dumb
Old 12-11-2019, 07:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by this user was banned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why the fuck do mages get reclaim energy at level 1 but no pet until 4?! dumb class is dumb
Devs probably intended to give them pets at 1. Staff here should fix. Why do all these classic mechanic people want a broken class? I'm not having fun with my mage. I should have pets to reclaim at 1. I'm quitting and charging back my donations! Hope all you terrible people rot in hell for wanting mages to be miserable!
Old 12-12-2019, 10:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by this user was banned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's because many of the utility spells can be used by more than one caster class. And if it was such a spell, it was easier back in the day just to put the spell in the game at the lowest level it could be used by one of the classes than to create multiple different iterations of the spell.

Reclaim Energy can also be used by Necromancers and Enchanters, who both get pets at level 1. Hence why it is a level 1 spell. It's not a Mage-only spell.
Old 12-12-2019, 11:03 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's because many of the utility spells can be used by more than one caster class. And if it was such a spell, it was easier back in the day just to put the spell in the game at the lowest level it could be used by one of the classes than to create multiple different iterations of the spell.

Reclaim Energy can also be used by Necromancers and Enchanters, who both get pets at level 1. Hence why it is a level 1 spell. It's not a Mage-only spell.
The point is not why it's a level 1 spell, it's why mages GET it at level 1.
Old 12-12-2019, 11:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The point is not why it's a level 1 spell, it's why mages GET it at level 1.
Oh duh lol my bad
Old 12-13-2019, 10:14 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

LOL this made me laugh I will admit. I've seen it happen to newbie magicians. They curse the day they don't have a pet.

Jokes aside if a person is really enjoying their Magician they should stick with it. It's a fun class and does get better as you improve with pets. Sure they don't have the same bag of tricks as Necro but they do have great nukes. They also have some pretty powerful pets compared to necro.

I've always been torn between the Magician and Necromancer. So I just play both LOL. They are both fun in their own way. But I wouldn't give Magician a pass... it's a great class.
Closed Thread