Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2020, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I followed the development/forums a long time ago. I even participated in some of the early early testing (maybe almost 10 years ago now?).

I don't recall the details, but from what I remember the guy leading the development essentially abandoned the project and Harakari eventually picked it up...but I don't think I've heard much in the last few years to the point that I figured it was dead.

I hit up the forums this morning b/c of this thread and the last dev update, which was from Harakari still, is over 1 year old. Either progress is VERY slow or non existent.

Hopefully someone is creeping it along slowly. Honestly though, at this point, I'm pretty happy with p99 and titanium. I'm not sure I have enough of the truly classic itch in me to go much farther back than the current setup on green...I'd def try it out, I think it is essentially a niche project of a project that was already a very niche product.
Yeah the last update was in 2019. I love p99 and it sorta became "the peoples project" and for that it is very special.

It's just a part of eq history now, almost as much as eq itself, the wiki has more accurate data than anyplace on the internet, or on internal servers at Daybreak haha

I cant imagine that eqClassic is going to be able to be classic, without using the information discovered on p99 about all the small fixes in mob behavior and quest/items alone. soooooooooooo many changes have been made over sooooooooo long, and all of that QA was from US, playing HERE and reading old papers and google chats.

That puts P99 as the tip of the spear of classic eq recreation, with thousands of dedicated testers hunting through thousands of hours of game to find out the texture on a bone is backwards lol.

It would be kidna lame if someone just took all that free info and took a steaming dump on p99 and used it all to crush its playerbase lol but oh well, such is life haha

But that said, I was watching his youtube videos when i was trying to get the UI to work lol so its all one big happy party of eq players and moders, servers be dammed! haha
Old 07-21-2020, 01:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tell queues also (as in when you zone, you should be losing all chat until you come back into game). Remember telling folks back in the day "sec, zoning" so that they would know to hold off saying anything important for a sec?

I believe the tell queue was added back in vanilla/Kunark on Blue.
I wish the tell queue system worked for guild chat, too.
Old 07-21-2020, 02:20 AM
Planar Protector

I wish when you zoned while getting a tell, the tell didn't go through :P
Old 07-21-2020, 10:57 AM
Banned

wonder what happened to eq classic troll of the century i guess
Old 07-21-2020, 10:58 AM
Banned

Development Roadmap -

Status as of August 12, 2014

LOL no update 6 years
Old 07-21-2020, 11:15 AM
Planar Protector

EQEmulator already has an emulation layer for the Trilogy client I believe, I was chatting to Secrets about it awhile back. So there's not much for EQClassic to do anymore.

The Final Frontier for classic EQ is accurately simulating the first year of Everquest, through the patches and changes and tweaks of the dark age of the early game. I've dug up enough patch notes and mob lists and spreadsheets to make it possible. We'll get there.
Old 07-21-2020, 12:39 PM
Banned

Oh man I'd love to see the classic vanilla\kunark skies again
Old 07-21-2020, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

Titanium client is the bane of a classic immersion experience. Switching over to an older client is the single biggest change P99 could make for the better.
Closed Thread