Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2020, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never seen Loramin this pissy over something, well played staff. Maybe he was hoarding scrolls too.
Heh, for the record my highest Green character is 42, and he has turned in three Tesch Val Scrolls ever (at least that I can remember).

I'm just passionate about classic EQ (which, to me at least, includes quest XP). R&N have no one but themselves to blame for making me that way: when I first got here (however many years ago), I used to want moon cats and PoP like everyone else [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 12-14-2020 at 01:18 PM..
Old 12-14-2020, 01:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That was my thinking as well at first, but OP said the mob still conned blue at 55, and 55 should have required fewer kills than 54 I think is the point.

I think there are still some things we don't really understand about experience. This thread for one is another unsolved mystery.
This is true, but unless I'm mistaken, "light blue" still cons as blue, so that could have been the first tier drop. If she turned green once hitting 56, that could be the second. I'll take a look at that other thread, and I agree: there's seems to still be a bit we simply don't seem to know about how exp works in this game.
Old 12-14-2020, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

Light blues are the current green con mobs that still give you xp.
Old 12-14-2020, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heh, for the record my highest Green character is 42, and he has turned in three Tesch Val Scrolls ever (at least that I can remember).

I'm just passionate about classic EQ (which, to me at least, includes quest XP). R&N have no one but themselves to blame for making me that way: when I first got here (however many years ago), I used to want moon cats and PoP like everyone else [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should still want Luclin and PoP. It fleshes out the game so much more and adds far more incentive to actually play your main character once you reach max level via AAs. It also will separate out the raiding guilds so that you don't have the same guild(s) occupying the same zones forever.

Luclin and PoP would provide some real competitive mobs that are actually challenging to defeat for the competitive raiders. The balance also works out to make a lot of the undesirable classes fit more nicely into groups and raids.

Blue really should add Luclin and PoP and green can stay in Velious.
Old 12-14-2020, 05:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Light blues are the current green con mobs that still give you xp.
But that's also delineated out on the Experience page on the wiki. There are essentially 4 classes of XP mobs according to that page:

100% XP (Red to Dark blue)
50% XP (Light Blue)
25% XP (XP Greens)
0% XP (Non-XP Greens)

Obviously, "Light Blue" is not a thing on P99, so we are left to guess when that kicks in.
If both the wiki and what you say is true then there are 2 tiers of greens that give XP. However, I find the level range for XP greens to be very small and probably too small for this to be the case. Is that not your experience?
Old 12-14-2020, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should still want Luclin and PoP. It fleshes out the game so much more and adds far more incentive to actually play your main character once you reach max level via AAs. It also will separate out the raiding guilds so that you don't have the same guild(s) occupying the same zones forever.

Luclin and PoP would provide some real competitive mobs that are actually challenging to defeat for the competitive raiders. The balance also works out to make a lot of the undesirable classes fit more nicely into groups and raids.

Blue really should add Luclin and PoP and green can stay in Velious.
Plenty of other servers to play if you want those expansions
Old 12-15-2020, 10:40 AM
Sarnak

I consider green mobs who give exp to be "light blue" mobs.
Old 12-15-2020, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Plenty of other servers to play if you want those expansions
Yeah literally every other server enjoys luclin and pop. the lack of those turds is the defining feature of p99.

Some discuss originally did happen about adding some additional content to project 1999 blue once velious is deeply complete. It would be great if they fleshed out some quests in the existing world and filled in some gaps with custom. But maybe thats just not on the table.

I think the grand creation project EQ or one of the other EQ EMU servers does a great job with more expansions. Also shards of dalaya is an EQ emu that is heavily customized and goes well beyond velious. I'm not being an asshole here its a legit good server at least when i played it last ten years ago. https://shardsofdalaya.com/ it looks like it is still thriving. If I was a PVE guy that had had beaten velious everquest mercilessly I would enjoy some time over there. I started there and P99 around the same time to beg for a pvp server which P99 did and SOD was not interested at all in, so I'm over here. Good luck!
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 12-15-2020 at 12:41 PM..
Old 12-15-2020, 01:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuterChimp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I consider green mobs who give exp to be "light blue" mobs.
Right. I get that. My point is that we don't know (or at least I don't know) what the GAME considers "light blue" or if there is even a distinction between "light blue" and an even lower form of "XP green". Here is the relevant quote from the wiki:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiki
The formula for the amount of XP earned for soloing a dark blue or higher mob is as follows:

XP = L^2 * C

Where:

L = Level of mob being soloed. (If the mob is light blue or green, the xp earned will be 50%, 25% or 0% of the stated value.)
*Emphasis added

My point is that it's possible that the game considers a few levels above green to be that 50% category, and XP Greens to be the 25% category. And I guess the larger point I'm making is that we probably don't know enough about the XP system in EQ (even after 20 years) to claim that something has changed from Blue.

The only way you could really show that is if you did the exact same thing on both Blue and Green and got different results.
Old 12-15-2020, 01:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And I guess the larger point I'm making is that we probably don't know enough about the XP system in EQ (even after 20 years) to claim that something has changed from Blue.
I'm pretty sure (but we'd need an expert researcher like Dolalin or Rygor to confirm) that the mechanics of light blue XP never changed. The only thing that ever changed (right at the end of Velious IIRC) was the coloring: mobs who conned green, but gave XP, suddenly started conning light blue (but continued giving the exact same XP).

So again "under the hood", both before and after, I believe things worked identically. And the people that are knowledgeable about this sort of thing (Dolalin, Rygor, Nilbog, etc. ... but not me) are likely very clear on how it all works. That wiki page just needs someone like them to update it.

P.S. One more thing: keep in mind that on live people used a packet sniffing cheat program called ShowEQ, which let them see the exact numbers for things like XP that were sent to the servers. That program (and the records people kept from it) was a huge source for much of the data here (and our understanding of classic EQ in general) ... and so it's really not true to say that we "don't know enough about the XP system".

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 12-15-2020 at 01:29 PM..
Closed Thread