Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2019, 02:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone who wanted the sleeper back will have brought it upon themselves! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess i'll have to get in /line then [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm hyped for green sleeper. It's going to be a shitshow with so many tears.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-23-2019, 05:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you should reset the sleeper on Blue and prevent the script from triggering again. Just let the nerds who want to keep farming blue pixels have some “new” content in the form of the 4 warders they can farm every 5 days.

There’s been discussion about what kind of custom content belongs on Blue and I think the very first custom content should coincide with Green launch, and that would be to reinstate ST warders and disable the sleepers script so that they can be farmed until the end of time.
Great idea.

It is acquired knowledge that Blue legacy items are no longer legacy - every ~4 years more of them will enter the server (including warder loot...).

Warder loot falling into this category as well, the rationale behind resetting ST on Blue is quite legit.
Preventing the script from being triggered would be perfect.

Those who spent the last few years being assholes to the 99% of the server pop, pretending they woke the sleeper "to experience unique content" or some other bullshit, can experience that unique content again on Green.
Old 10-23-2019, 08:07 AM
Sarnak

I agree, that playerbase who doesn't agree are likely just trolls.

Never really understood the point of removing some of the best loot and high end raid bosses in the game from a timelocked server.
Old 10-23-2019, 08:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree, those who don't agree are likely assholes IRL
Wow.....

/smh
Old 10-23-2019, 08:18 AM
Planar Protector

NOT CLASSIC
Old 10-23-2019, 08:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you should reset the sleeper on Blue and prevent the script from triggering again. Just let the nerds who want to keep farming blue pixels have some “new” content in the form of the 4 warders they can farm every 5 days.

There’s been discussion about what kind of custom content belongs on Blue and I think the very first custom content should coincide with Green launch, and that would be to reinstate ST warders and disable the sleepers script so that they can be farmed until the end of time.
+1
Old 10-23-2019, 08:30 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry, that't not on the solo artist (+10 clickies) challenge <3

..and for someone who likes "classic" and reporting not classic bugs (only on classes you don't play) , you know thats not classic.
And Swish continues his streak of posts that are completely wrong in every way. Holy s*** man, at least take the time to post 150 chars to pass the bar for actually saying something, instead of just increasing your post count. Sigh.

Anyhow OP, +1 from me! Just be prepared that the neckbeard community on this server will always oppose every good idea. Despite that, keep them coming!
Old 10-23-2019, 08:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
NOT CLASSIC
Well that’s the point of the Blue server now.

Pet windows, cycle Target window, custom UIs, 4 years of Velious. It’s designed to be not classic at this point.

The developers long stated that they were considering custom content for blue after reaching the final patch which it has. What better custom content than content that was already in game and got removed.

Just enable the sleeper warders to spawn again and disable the sleeper script so they will continue to spawn for the life of the server.

After that for additional custom content I think they could probably think about reinstating some of the other legacy drops. Manastones, Guises, Holgresh Beads, Lockets, Fungi staves etc. But in these cases I’d encourage them to place the drops on different mobs than originally dropped them. You don’t want these to be too absurdly common.

For example have one or two of them drop from mobs in the depths of Skyshrine, the random level 60-66 Named mobs that no one has ever killed. Have Neb in Dragon Necropolis drop another one, maybe have Seneschal or one of the Icewell named drop another one. Perhaps lockets drop rarely from guardian wurms or drakes in VP. Just as a few examples. Maybe manastones from Bladestorms or sphinxes in PoSky and Guises from 2nd floor dark elves in PoHate. Just as a few ideas.

Put these legacy items as fairly rare (1-2% for trash maybe 5% for single named like Neb or Seneschal) drops from a bunch of level 60+ content that sees little traffic due to its poor RvR in the classic state. I’d love to see full groups camping the giant kodiak in Icewell or the Named wurms in Skyshrine or farming Veeshans Peak trash for a low chance at a legacy item.
Last edited by Daldaen; 10-23-2019 at 08:35 AM..
Old 10-23-2019, 08:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great idea.

It is acquired knowledge that Blue legacy items are no longer legacy - every ~4 years more of them will enter the server (including warder loot...).

Warder loot falling into this category as well, the rationale behind resetting ST on Blue is quite legit.
Preventing the script from being triggered would be perfect.

Those who spent the last few years being assholes to the 99% of the server pop, pretending they woke the sleeper "to experience unique content" or some other bullshit, can experience that unique content again on Green.
It's honestly hard to understate how perfect this argument is.
Old 10-23-2019, 08:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its a good thing they wont
Closed Thread