Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2019, 05:35 AM
Sarnak

Immediately felt sorry for op when I realised he may very well be a returning player posting in rnf.

If its worth anything to you op, p99 is a lot of nostalgia fun but the forums are a whole other game.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 12-10-2019, 06:06 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostback [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I also felt that levels 1-6 took a lot longer than it did on live.
Same. Even having been an original EQ veteran, I felt like the initial levels took longer than I would've thought they would. I was so shocked and in awe when I first started playing the game though that I probably wasn't paying attention much to how long it took to level at the time.
Old 12-10-2019, 06:33 AM
Sarnak

I mean back in the day how much time did we spend just looking at zone features like the sky or some random building?

Eq wasn't fast back in 2000 and we were probably all mitch more of the mindset to "enjoy the ride" so it just wasn't as painfully perceived.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Old 12-10-2019, 06:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuklak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean back in the day how much time did we spend just looking at zone features like the sky or some random building?

Eq wasn't fast back in 2000 and we were probably all mitch more of the mindset to "enjoy the ride" so it just wasn't as painfully perceived.
My first character back in '99, I was scurred of dying somewhere and losing my patchwork armor forevah. I'm sure that full 6-man group I was in camping the 4 undeads at the Nektulos wizard spire must have been bangin xp.
Old 12-10-2019, 08:05 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My first character back in '99, I was scurred of dying somewhere and losing my patchwork armor forevah. I'm sure that full 6-man group I was in camping the 4 undeads at the Nektulos wizard spire must have been bangin xp.
Lol ... the mobs killed per unit time back in the day would probably blow our minds today. Yet... we did it and remember the game so fondly.

Old 12-10-2019, 11:43 AM
Large Rat

First, thank you to all of you who constructive and kind posts. Your advice is greatly appreciated and I have printed it out.

Last night (Monday), I managed to join a wonderful group composed of all pet classes (coincidence) and we were mauling kobolds left and right for several hours. It was so much fun and I was able to get to level 7. I understand it's not necessarily the speed in which you level, but I really enjoyed this particular group. I know everyone plays at their own pace but plans were already being talked about for this evening and it's hard to not want to be a part of that. All of this brings back good memories since most of my friends aren't interested in playing at the moment. Sometimes I wonder if I'm crazy starting all this over again but it's just one character.

Thanks again for all your offers of help and kindness. It is greatly appreciated. To those just using this as a burn forum, bless your hearts.
Old 12-10-2019, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuruChaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First, thank you to all of you who constructive and kind posts. Your advice is greatly appreciated and I have printed it out.

Last night (Monday), I managed to join a wonderful group composed of all pet classes (coincidence) and we were mauling kobolds left and right for several hours. It was so much fun and I was able to get to level 7. I understand it's not necessarily the speed in which you level, but I really enjoyed this particular group. I know everyone plays at their own pace but plans were already being talked about for this evening and it's hard to not want to be a part of that. All of this brings back good memories since most of my friends aren't interested in playing at the moment. Sometimes I wonder if I'm crazy starting all this over again but it's just one character.

Thanks again for all your offers of help and kindness. It is greatly appreciated. To those just using this as a burn forum, bless your hearts.
I'm glad you had some successful play time. To address your final sentence, this essentially is a burn forum. I understand that you're new and don't realize what the Rants and Flames forum is supposed to be, but it's not the commenters' fault that you posted in the wrong forum. next time, I advise the relevant server's discussion forum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-10-2019, 12:48 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm glad you had some successful play time. To address your final sentence, this essentially is a burn forum. I understand that you're new and don't realize what the Rants and Flames forum is supposed to be, but it's not the commenters' fault that you posted in the wrong forum. next time, I advise the relevant server's discussion forum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I disagree. Saying it’s not the commenter’s fault is like advocating it’s ok to be uncivil. I don’t care what forum people post in. Treating people like shit just to do so is never ok. I would have them seek therapy.

Take care.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuruChaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I disagree. Saying it’s not the commenter’s fault is like advocating it’s ok to be uncivil. I don’t care what forum people post in. Treating people like shit just to do so is never ok. I would have them seek therapy.

Take care.
The whole point of the forum is for that type of stuff though. It's literally why it exists. If you post here, you will be trolled (and may troll as well, if you so choose); that's the point of the forum.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The whole point of the forum is for that type of stuff though. It's literally why it exists. If you post here, you will be trolled (and may troll as well, if you so choose); that's the point of the forum.
I would hope that even the trolls can recognize a thread that was from a legit new player to the server that was unfortunately posted in the wrong place, and treat someone new with decency until they deserve the full RNF experience.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Closed Thread