Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2020, 05:03 PM
Orc

Default This possible eventually for green? Or nah?

Old school names/format, no item links, and have to type out all stats etc. Just genuine 99 experience [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

At first I thought maybe Titanium client is too new? But then I see they were able to remove pet windows, maps etc. I don't know what client EQClassic uses but this looks very nice. Truely reminds me of the days of old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUvIHXfpW_Y
Old 07-18-2020, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

AFAIK:

item links are so hard coded into the game that its nearly impossible to take out. They would have to go through every single items "code number" and change stuff by hand. That is a monumental task.

So would anyone actually prefer the item links removed? Imagine the massive increase in auction spam as people list items with their full stats. Or the asinine hassle of looking through peoples bags in the trade window as your method of shopping. Or trying to get through raid loot.

Personally i can be a classic EQ purist, although I do recognize the extremely beneficial feature of item links. They should have been in at classic launch.
Old 07-18-2020, 05:47 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AFAIK:

item links are so hard coded into the game that its nearly impossible to take out. They would have to go through every single items "code number" and change stuff by hand. That is a monumental task.

So would anyone actually prefer the item links removed? Imagine the massive increase in auction spam as people list items with their full stats. Or the asinine hassle of looking through peoples bags in the trade window as your method of shopping. Or trying to get through raid loot.

Personally i can be a classic EQ purist, although I do recognize the extremely beneficial feature of item links. They should have been in at classic launch.
Im not a dev or anything, but couldn't you just disable the part where you click on the image of the item to display the link? Similar to what they did with maps? I don't think not having links asinine, I think it brings out the MUD in EQ. Would bring ForumQuesting more interesting by inspecting bags etc.
Old 07-18-2020, 07:03 PM
Planar Protector

Tell queues also (as in when you zone, you should be losing all chat until you come back into game). Remember telling folks back in the day "sec, zoning" so that they would know to hold off saying anything important for a sec?

I believe the tell queue was added back in vanilla/Kunark on Blue.
Old 07-18-2020, 07:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spineripper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old school names/format, no item links, and have to type out all stats etc. Just genuine 99 experience [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

At first I thought maybe Titanium client is too new? But then I see they were able to remove pet windows, maps etc. I don't know what client EQClassic uses but this looks very nice. Truely reminds me of the days of old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUvIHXfpW_Y
That's still not classic.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-18-2020, 08:05 PM
Planar Protector

What is the YouTube link for?
Old 07-19-2020, 12:17 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's still not classic.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is genuinely how i played the game until it was not an option anymore at i think Luclin?
Old 07-19-2020, 12:29 AM
Banned

You could f-10 out of the letterbox window from the beginning I believe. They had some extremely primitive version of the fullscreen transparent ui. I distinctly remember using it while tricking people into letting me loot their corpse with /consent which was done away with well before kunark
Old 07-19-2020, 12:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spineripper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

EQClassic uses the 2001-produced (there's also a 2002 version) Trilogy disks. That means it has the interface which the P1999 "Velious Interface" seeks to replicate as well as the older fullscreen "periscope mode" interface. The Titanium client used by P1999 does have its limitations but they're not necessarily as severe as might be thought. Features such as item links, 8 spells per spellbook page, and multiple chat windows can all be removed from the present interface P1999-Green uses, if desired. These features were left in by deliberate choice of the P1999 admins for various reasons. Links, for example, are regarded as a tool to reduce GM workload (always in short supply here) by reducing scamming.

A few other features like the stamina bar not working cannot be fixed within current knowledge. Attempts have been made and it'll be fixed if a breakthrough is ever made.

Danth
Old 07-19-2020, 06:08 AM
Aviak

I always thought that Everquest was an example of a game made by programmers and not game developers, and that screenshot of the old UI is a clear example of why