Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2021, 03:06 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Green Class Conundrum

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a super chill class to play in weird hours. I can't seem to figure out which class is the right one though. Key being avoiding stress.

Tanks - For the most part, I've played tanks on p99 many different times, but there's usually some overgeared toons who find it fun to out-threat me and give me hell for not keeping agro, so I'd much rather not play one.

Healers - I tried druid on green. Was in a group in Ghoulbane-ish area, and they wanted me as a lvl 25ish druid to main heal it. Well, let's just say that went about as poorly as it sounded. I got kicked after a wipe and then got ignored by two of the group members, and they didn't help me with corpse recovery! So, that was definitely not pleasant. In general, I think I'd like to avoid healing as I think a lot of mistakes wind up being blamed on the healer when it's usually someone else's fault.

That leaves melee and casters:

Enchanter - obviously a little high intensity for me
Bard - high intensity as well
Monk - I have a monk on blue that was fairly twinked at 58 with epic, and I could never seem to do too well solo.
Ranger - can't solo
Rogue - can't solo
Magician - epic is impossible (for me) to get, and soloing with no CC is extremely hard

Please note that when I say solo, I mean 50+ like Sebilis, Charasis, Western Wastes, etc. My play time is super quirky, and I don't play for long periods, so grouping is harder to come by.

This leaves the final two:
Necromancer - Truth be told, they don't really solo all that well either at 50+ as far as the areas I mentioned.
Wizard - Can't solo but has great mobility. Easy to help others by porting, but nigh-impossible to find groups at 50+ (on blue no one would ever invite a wizard in sebilis for example). I never could seem to land a spell on a dragon back in the day when I played one, so not sure if I want to go ahead with this again.

One thing I definitely don't like is getting yelled at in groups (getting out-threated, not pulling fast enough, someone dies while getting healed), and I've noticed quite a few groups on green (as far as I've seen) are quite serious/hardcore and high-intensity, so I'd prefer a role that didn't involve being high-strung in an already stressful situation.

Preferably I'd like something that can solo 50+ decently, get groups and have a low-stress role for groups/raids. Something I could smoke a doobie and still enjoy. Maybe it's not possible on green? lol
Old 02-20-2021, 03:15 AM
Planar Protector

You eliminated every class, but you eliminated Shaman the least. Druids and Shaman's are not actually "healers" primarily so your anecdote might have been a nasty experience, but yeah Shaman is really the only class you left open here.
Old 02-20-2021, 07:02 AM
Planar Protector

Its necro, and you can do well in HS and there's always duos to raise your capacity there if you want or need.

Shaman is the only one that does all of the above to any degree but if you want low stress and low responsibility in grouping that's not it at all. In a great group shaman can be super easy but it can get very labor intensive very quickly the more of a burden you have to shoulder. Plus the dream of soloing in WW is a long expensive road for shaman which you might not be happy about in the long run, but that's for you to decide.
Old 02-20-2021, 09:29 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingedwolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ranger - can't solo
I dont know, it seems like soloing is the only thing rangers are really good at. But Necros solo better, and wizards can get groups.
Old 02-20-2021, 10:12 AM
Planar Protector

Ogre Shaman at 60 with spells can solo lots

And necro can solo just fine in velious

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green
Old 02-20-2021, 10:49 AM
Planar Protector

Looks like you want to be a necro. Shamans get a lot of demand on them in groups because they have too many buffs to offer.

Enjoy your necromancer.

Or druid.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 02-20-2021, 12:30 PM
Fire Giant

I'd say you're looking at either Shaman or Necro. Shaman have VERY little downtime, be it solo or grouped, as you'll CONSTANTLY be spamming Canni and sit/stand. I quit my Shammy at lvl 42 for this reason.

My vote is Necro for sure. Levels 1-12 (maybe 16) will be a grind but that's true of most classes. Once you hit 12/16 and have your "full" toolkit things really open up for you. Fear kiting means you can begin to solo mobs a couple levels below most classes and you're effectively eliminating mobs damage entirely. If you can Fear it you can solo it.

Also Wizards solo quite well 29+ IF you have at least a basic set of INT gear. Quadding is high xp with high downtime.
Old 02-20-2021, 01:29 PM
Banned

Necro duh
Old 02-20-2021, 02:40 PM
Fire Giant

Also forget those morons in your "ghoulbane group." That's ridiculous and I would just /ignore players like that

If u wanna play a Druid on Green then play that class. They're a GREAT solo class. One of the fastest 55-60 classes charming in the bear pits. They're also a great addition to any group fighting in an outdoor zone (offer to harmony pull in places like COM & Karnors and you'll have a much easier getting group invites)
Old 02-20-2021, 02:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also forget those morons in your "ghoulbane group." That's ridiculous and I would just /ignore players like that
Eh, from the way he talks in his post, I have to imagine that there is more to it than him just not being able to heal sufficiently for a group.
Closed Thread