Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-08-2015, 11:41 AM
Large Rat

Default Making a Desktop titan launcer

Hi, sorry if this is Talked about someplace else. I copied the titan launcer to my desk top. Did a slight edit to it. Since it is just a batch file(i think)...So it shows the path to where the game files are....I.E c:\p1999\eqgame patcher It tries to load up but then i get a gui error i think it is...Can you do this? can u make the game load up from the desk top or do i need to goto the p1999 diirectory and scroll down thru a 1000 files and open the launcher each time you play?? Thanks for your answers.
Old 10-08-2015, 01:16 PM
Large Rat

Why not just create a shortcut to the file on your desktop. Right click > send to > desktop. Doing it the way you tried it seems like Eq is looking for files on the deaktop instead of in the directory you installed the game to, hence the gui error
Old 10-08-2015, 01:29 PM
Orc

The bat file to launch the game is using relative pathing. i.e. The script thinks the game is in the same directory as the script is in (launchSomthing.bat).

Kasghost's response was the correct way to put the shortcut on your desktop.

I like to edit the batch file to launch all my other things I run when im playing P99. Browser for music, maps, GINA.