Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2019, 09:00 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Looking for equipment advice (Warrior)

I'm completely new to EQ, I'm playing a Human Warrior on the Green server.

So far, I've killed many, many decayed skeletons outside Freeport or in North Ro.

I'm level 5 now and I've equipped myself with a cloth armour set, rusty longsword and a round shield. (I bought from the vendor at the Warrior's Guild)

Before I start grouping up and trying to level, I'd like to outfit myself properly (for a beginner anyway) so I'm not a burden - because I've been told Warrior is very gear dependent and I'll need both good AC and a decent weapon to tank.

I've saved up 115pp so far and I intend to buy a full set of banded armour, which apparently can go for 60-90pp.

I was also thinking of buying the kite shield from that same vendor at the Warrior's Guild - is that worth it? (it's like 5pp)

The thing I would like advice on mainly is the weapon, I'm using 1H slashing and I want a magic weapon 'cos apparently I need one in order to hit a lot of enemies.

I've been suggested a combine weapon and I'm thinking of getting the Combine Long Sword - is that a good idea?

Any suggestions, advice etc would be great.

Thanks.