Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2019, 12:49 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuktus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stop trying to enforce your morals on the list and just kill the damn thing.
Stop enforcing your morals, use mine instead!
Old 11-26-2019, 01:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuktus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, I was on the Jboots list for 23 hours this weekend. I started at number 4 on the list. One person in front of me missed an afk check so I moved to position 3. I then saw 2 drops for folks and I became number 1. This took 9hours 40min. While I was number 2, the number 1 person could not solo the camp but I helped out (a long with other people) to get that person their list item. It can be said that, had we refused and the person quit the list, I would have gotten my boots. But that isn't how RNG works. I saw 2 boots in 10 hour, then 0 boots in 13. Had I, and the others at the camp, tried to bully the person off the list and they didn't get bullied, we would have seen 0 boots in 23 hours. Because that IS how not killing something works.

List is not perfect, but its the system we have. Stop trying to enforce your morals on the list and just kill the damn thing.
Old 11-26-2019, 01:22 PM
Banned

Oh yeah let me just camp items for 4 other people for 20 consecutive hours that can't kill the mob. I love helpin out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really should have list cleared with like a several hour lockout if people are listing and leaving the spawn up for an extended period.
Old 11-26-2019, 01:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
See invis'ing a mob doesn't let them see hide AFAIK. Only very specific mobs will see a rogue.
Correct and this is why u want to find AE mobs that will break the sneak hide and then transfer agro.

DMO, teaching u guys how to fucking pvp these fucking antonican hand out fucks on blue out of ur 20 hour item camp, while they are AFK or cant even fucking hit the mob.

SO infuriating. Also take it one step further, if you have a "problem" like this, just start pulling AE mobs and killing them, specially in guk or basically anywhere a list is u can find mobs that AE. even if you are trying to avoid breaking the piece of shit afk monks FD/rogues sneak hide thats been sitting there for 16 hours(happened to me, let him sit there thinking i was going to farm his jboots for him and then we made sure to start pulling najena's entire room to drezl when it was almost his turn to afk some more so i could farm his boots for 20+ hours, that solved that) they will get hit with an AE eventually due to how the game works and FUNNY enough alot of these people don't even stay logged in when they start getting AE'd.

THEY CAN STAY HITTING THE AFK CHECK for 20+ hours while fd/hidesneak but cant handle being AE'd by frogs/magicians in najena. yet they deserve i carve them out a list item that potentially takes 20 hours, just to get?

All of you assholes can get fucked, Personally i have faith in humanity and the server staff, I play by a strict "don't be a dick" policy, not exactly the PNP rules. i know i know, follow the rules, however i find following the dont be a dick policy makes for a whole lot better social experience on Everquest than engaging people over PNP. i much rather share a camp and talk to them and eq and other stuff while rotating mobs for instance.

That said. WHEN I SEE A DICK AFKING 20 hours EXPECTING ME TO FARM HIS THEN PUT MY 20 HOURS IN AFTER THAT, U CAN GET FUCKED RIGHT UNDER THE QEYNOS DOCKS.
Old 11-26-2019, 01:30 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh yeah let me just camp items for 4 other people for 20 consecutive hours that can't kill the mob. I love helpin out!
This.
Old 11-26-2019, 02:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grakken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This.
Or maybe those people that "can't even kill it" can kill it when they work together, but one person on the list refuses to help "because they can solo it, so fuck the rest"

The lists are 25/35+ for a reason, because you can actually do the content if you group together. You know, like what the game encourages.

Every single toxic shitlord I've seen at a /list camp so far is someone who can either FD or who can solo the mob. Once they have a method of getting what they want on their own, their sense of community / helping out goes completely out the window and they view everyone else as "in their way".

I've seen people actively work together to get higher #s killed just so they can get their chance faster -- and this is against people who were in the group for 20+ hours, helping everyone else until they got their chance.

The selfishness is unrelenting.
Last edited by PabloEdvardo; 11-26-2019 at 02:48 PM..
Old 11-26-2019, 02:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloEdvardo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or maybe those people that "can't even kill it" can kill it when they work together, but one person on the list refuses to help "because they can solo it, so fuck the rest"

The lists are 25/35+ for a reason, because you can actually do the content if you group together. You know, like what the game encourages.

Every single toxic shitlord I've seen at a /list camp so far is someone who can either FD or who can solo the mob. Once they have a method of getting what they want on their own, their sense of community / helping out goes completely out the window and they view everyone else as "in their way".

I've seen people actively work together to get higher #s killed just so they can get their chance faster -- and this is against people who were in the group for 20+ hours, helping everyone else until they got their chance.

The selfishness is unrelenting.
there is a difference between working together and people literally afking expecting you to kill a mob for you while they afk...... dont conflate the too. Also the people who do this can kill the mob, and still afk wait for u to farm their item. If you have not ran into this, you have not listed. This is a huge ongoing problem. It makes me sick honestly.

edit: you know how many lists i been on while we all work together to kill the mob, so the afk guy can get his item? fuck that bullshit.
Old 11-26-2019, 02:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloEdvardo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or maybe those people that "can't even kill it" can kill it when they work together
I am all for this. Give list 1 an hour to form a group to kill it. Seems like we agree.
Old 11-26-2019, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

time limit is bad idea, gives more power to everyone but #1

really just need to allow for PNP to call for List camps to have an expectation of helping one another without mandating it
Old 11-26-2019, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

List should change to be ordered based on aggregate number of PHers or Named mob kills participated in. Rather than time sitting staring at a box.
Closed Thread