Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2019, 12:24 AM
Large Bat

Default AOE targeting

I am curious does anyone know how the mobs get targeted with the 4 mob aoe limit? Like if i am kiting 5 mobs it does not seem like the 5th mob ever gets hit when i spam the aoe is this due to closer proximity hit first for the 4 mob cap?
Old 11-28-2019, 01:38 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am curious does anyone know how the mobs get targeted with the 4 mob aoe limit? Like if i am kiting 5 mobs it does not seem like the 5th mob ever gets hit when i spam the aoe is this due to closer proximity hit first for the 4 mob cap?
Mob ID number, alphanumerically.
Old 11-28-2019, 09:15 AM
Planar Protector

AEs select the mobs based on age.

So if you have 10 mobs in a kite and you’re casting 4 target limit AE spells, it will hit the same 4 mobs every time so long as no mobs die or are added to your kite.

I forget if it selects oldest or newest, my vague recollection is that it will select newest because I seem to recall if a new mob pops and adds into your kite it will immediately start getting targeted and one of the four you were previously hitting each cast won’t be getting hit.

See here - https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...9&postcount=42

Rogean didn’t remember if it’s longest or shortest lifespan that gets targeted as well but I have a vague memory of it being the shortest because adds into kites messed up things.
Closed Thread