Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2019, 02:52 AM
Sarnak

Animation is pretty dope at low lvls! Don't neglect him!

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Old 11-16-2019, 03:02 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Best spot ever for levelling up a new "good" character is Misty Thicket imo. Lots of mobs, not much competition. The problem for a High Elf is more like how to get there.
Old 11-25-2019, 05:50 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibbs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Animation is pretty dope at low lvls! Don't neglect him!
Definitely this.

Low Level pets (Pre-20) really shine with a 2 Handed Weapon.
Seek out Rusty Halberds (best one), Rusty Two Handed Sword/Rusty Two Handed Battle Axe (2nd best) and Rusty Scythe (Decent). Scout out any Skeletons (Decaying are the easiest) or vendors for these weapons.

Pets become super strong killing machines, as pets dont factor in the Delay portion of the weapon and can easily hit for 21 max damage with the Rusty Halberd (and scaling downward per other weapons listed respectively)

Of course once the pet level gets to 20+, dual wielding is better for the animation, assuming you're not charming instead (Charmed pets can dual wield too!).

Check out the Pet Guide for more info on your Animation
Old 12-09-2019, 03:51 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiva [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hunted wisps from lvl 8 on in NK as enchanter. Made some good starter plat. Paid for spells and to start JC. Exp was fine until 12 or so, then it was too slow for my liking.
How were you killing wisps as an Enchanter at level 8?
Old 12-09-2019, 07:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverwinter27 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How were you killing wisps as an Enchanter at level 8?
Doesn't the highest-level animation at 8 hit magic?
Old 12-14-2019, 08:44 AM
Sarnak

Right. I summoned max level pet. Just stock up on tiny daggers. I focused mainly a static wisp in NK that doesn't path and is in a rather safe spot. Then I could tag wisps pathing by as i got a hang of it. Using mesmerize for the memblur was essential as pet wouldn't hold agro easily.

I often found the max pet would survive a wisp and i wouldn't need to resummon. I dont think I was worrying about 50% exp as it was nice anyhow, but it feels like ages ago already man.
Old 12-21-2019, 02:33 PM
Orc

What should I be using on my primary and secondary at these lower levels? mid levels?
Old 12-21-2019, 07:49 PM
Sarnak

Level 12 you will quest the Stein of Moggok. I think Dark Elf enc can do it earlier. While doing the quest you will go to Oggok. Pick up a Crude Stein while you're there. The players killing the guards will let them rot.

Primary and Secondary right through to future lvl 60 completed at lvl 12.
Old 12-22-2019, 03:01 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiva [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Level 12 you will quest the Stein of Moggok. I think Dark Elf enc can do it earlier. While doing the quest you will go to Oggok. Pick up a Crude Stein while you're there. The players killing the guards will let them rot.

Primary and Secondary right through to future lvl 60 completed at lvl 12.
Thanks and what about armor progression?
Old 12-24-2019, 08:52 AM
Sarnak

Meh. Armor.

We get easy, and great, primary and secondaries early on. I think most armor is less linear. I play solo, so I charm quite exclusively. I skilled up jewelcrafting for +Cha items. I solo'd some Hollowed Bone Bracers around lvl 25 (while utilizing some pro-level charm shenanigans I've since realized, reanimated fucks you up without this one simple trick), solo'd Najena(mob) for Flowing Black Robe around lvl 30, and I quested a Mystic Cloak at 30 as well. I was way too early to quest that solo. Had to find backup for the kill when it spawned after 14 hours.. Najena camp was a challenge to break, but once broken it was very laid back and decent exp for 29+. I had to give it to Najena hard when she spawned because her nukes would melt the animation, and then me. Our nukes interrupt casting, and her melee hits are quite moot. It's the only camp I've used an animation for beyond like lvl 13. Lots and lots of robes that I'd /whisper casters in zone to come pick up. If they weren't lore I'd maybe had made a couple thousand pp. Didn't get the tome to drop, but damn that robe is common as hell.

The rest of my shit is mostly Damask, and I feel quite comfortable well in to the 40's now. Doubly comfortable now that Clarity was patched in. I'm keeping an eye out for a Siryrn Hair Hood and a couple other Cha armor slots. Legs and hands. Pieces I don't have interest in farming myself at this time, and would rather throw plat at.

This is my first enchanter play through and I feel that learning the ropes will improve you the greatest. If I was geared to the teeth from level one, I would have still sucked. If you charm, get that Cha gear. Any minuscule improvement to charm duration and lull successes is most welcome.
Last edited by Meiva; 12-24-2019 at 08:59 AM..
Closed Thread