Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2019, 07:53 AM
Kobold

i think the trick with the macro was to use it right after a auto attack because it would reset your auto if you used it to early, but yea basically its a free fungi tunic used it on blue tons 6 months ago and gotta try to make it work again on green
Old 12-10-2019, 08:26 AM
Kobold

also add /stand after /doability so you can actually attack whill binding
Old 12-29-2019, 11:39 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to vanix Send a message via AIM to vanix Send a message via Yahoo to vanix
Default Wu's third fist~~

In kunark it will probably be more usable but there is something from classic called Wu's third fist which utilizes both 2bh and h2h hit / delay timers being capable of running in tandem along side one another where you take a 2hb with 30 + delay (or was it 40) and immediately after you crush or doublecrush you unequip your 2hb and then you will punch or punch punch, at which time you will re equip the 2hb and then... . Obviously this insnt for everyone but if your willing to put in the effort and time to be an exceptional monk you will be such a monk reguardless of your gear status and or guild satus and with superior tactics do the superior climb the ladder of karate !
Old 01-11-2020, 09:53 AM
Aviak

Bit late to the party but soloed alot with my monk since teal launch, dark blues can be a problem but with combat b/w, FD splitting and mend I can comfortably solo light blues and the occassional dark blue. Fights get pretty risky sometimes when you get the unexpected add or FD fails, and alot of fights im left with 20% health vs their 40% health and just hope they dont get some big hits or b/w fails. Also if they dont flee just FD and /stand /autoattack immediately (use a macro for this as its a good way of losing aggro in groups) and they should flee if they're at low enough health. Bandages are your friends in the monk solo world, always have a bag full of them. Also when you get Intimidate and work that skill up, head outdoors, grab some sow pots and give some fear kiting a whirl, havent tested it on teal yet but it was a great success with my Iksar Monk vs Forest Giants.
Gear-wise; Netted armor; Frogloks in aqueducts drop gloves and I just went around vendors in FP and Druid Ring in NK to find the rest. Started both my Headband and Sash quest as soon as I could and got both of them to red by my late 20's. Most of my beginning stat items dropped in sol A; Drakescale Arms, Legs, Belt, Kobold Boots, Obsidian Rings. Then just EC Auctioned for upgrades. I was mainly in Netted until my early 30's though.
My Path thus far has been;
1-4 Qeynos newbie trash
4-7 Fire Beetles/Some Aqueducts
7-11 Gnolls, Gnolls, Gnolls (+Fang turn in)
11-17 Bandits* (+Sash turn in, good place to get your plat for some netted gear) (*avoid casters til level 14)
17-21 Befallen (Ended up grouping on the third floor alot, but can imagine you can solo here)
21-25 Najena (mix of soloing and grouping, not an ideal zone because monks suck vs casters)
25+ Sol A. You can solo young Goblins from 25, there's one spawn in a secret wall near the pit which is great for killing over and over. At level 30 you can get more comfortable taking on cinders, flames, and the occasional fire. Late 30's your able to solo inferno's, I recommend sitting down in torturers room and doing those 5-6 mobs til 39. When you hit 40 just do gnomes if you can live with the faction hit, also Soluseks wield abit of exp and you can easily solo kings room. Out of all the places I've been this zone has been the most rewarding in terms of soloing and money making for monks; lots of secret walls and corners for FD splitting mobs, Goblin vendor to sneak sell your fine steel and bricks to, he also supplies bandages, and if you get your faction up in Neriak you got a bank not too far away. Just be wary of casters and frtyckhud damage shields!

17-25 was abit of a grey spot, could probably find better places to solo.
Old 02-05-2020, 10:28 PM
Kobold

17-25 go to guk and suit up in mesh

At least later in the 20s you can sneak around the dungeon and solo frog
Last edited by plzrelax; 02-05-2020 at 10:30 PM..
Closed Thread