Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2019, 11:10 AM
Planar Protector

Don't worry about banking. You can bank even with a kos banker, either while FD next to him or while around a corner so he doesn't have line of sight to aggro you (you can still click on him to use as long as you're close, even if you don't have line of sight). Selling isn't a big deal usually; there are a lot of neutral/evil merchants tucked away in most zones.

I like gnomes personally. Their small size makes it easy to maneuver in tight spaces most dungeons have, and they can see through walls to assist with pulling and stuff. They get tinkering if you're interested in that, and have infravision and acceptable int. Erudites have the highest int but no night vision. Either works fine, really. Iksar is the best race for necros but any race makes a potent necro.
Old 12-10-2019, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

Gnome wall vision's value cant be understated. I'd roll an iksar over a gnome for a necro, but gnome over any other race.
Old 12-10-2019, 11:38 AM
Aviak

[QUOTE=Alright so, what race would you guys suggest? I'm leaning towards Erudite or Gnome because apparently they're the least KOS? I'm not too worried about faction considering I'll be killing guards, NPCs, Treants etc. for money. But, it would be nice to be able to buy/sell/bank/not be KOS in every city.[/QUOTE]

Human's/Erudite are blind as a bat at night so skip.

People will tell you to go Gnome because they have the least hated faction, but I killed everything and everyone so it seemed pointless to not go full evil.

So I went with Darkelf because I could kill 80% of the guards/bards and not care because I always had a home base to get my spells at. Also I don't touch Trolls or Ogers because I can use their cities and it's great for when you start to farm in Guk.

Just a little side not I have two characters a lvl 34 Necro and lvl 36 Ench.

Ench never purchased armor/research spells has 930p in the bank.

Necro purchased all lvl 29 & 34 research spells + multiple armor pieces ranging from 40p-300p and he has 2,320p in the bank from farming Highkeep and Halfling guards.

All pets after lvl 20 are research only but never had issues finding a fair price for them in EC. Also get a higher lvl Necro to combine the spells for you because Research is always behind and not worth grinding.

I bank in North FP where I'm maxed hated faction by running to bank using invs then just FD in front of bank teller and bam not you can use the bank.

Look up the 6 min bard diet for Necros. The 1st real sit at grind one is Misty in Karanas and the great thing is at night the vendor behind her become evil and you sell all the loot right there. Made a few hundred plat going from 12 to 16 with little risk. Also when you sit at Misty and you start to get a ton of Copper/silver just buy the instrument you been selling to the vendor for 4.5p and sell it back to her for 4p and it will convert all your copper/silver into to plat so weight wont be an issue and no need to bank.
Last edited by Kron; 12-10-2019 at 11:46 AM..
Old 12-10-2019, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

The bard NPC's for the "bard diet" aren't currently in green/teal, BTW.
Old 12-10-2019, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some of them aren't maybe. Misty, at the very least, definitely is.

Oh, I also saw the one in the bar in east freeport (https://wiki.project1999.com/Fabian). I suspect most or all of them are in and am curious why you thought none of them were.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 12-10-2019 at 12:21 PM..
Old 12-10-2019, 12:17 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Misty Storyswapper for 12-16 & Trissa Whistlesong 16-20 & Cordelia Minster for 22-26 are since I used them on Green.

Starr Dreamspinner and Storm Dragonchaser are for a fact in Highkeep because they make my life harder when people are farming nobles.
Last edited by Kron; 12-10-2019 at 12:21 PM..
Old 12-10-2019, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

I was thinking of bard mail quests I guess.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Unlike mage the necro can actually get its pets right now. There's many more players with high level research now and the spells are available. You will be able to earn the money to buy them or tip someone to combine words that you buy/farm.
It's not too bad until you need to buy your level 34 pet, which is selling for 500+ plat at the moment. God only knows what your level 49 pet is going to sell for when it hits the market.

I'd actually recommend doing the Research grind if you roll Necro because you're going to pay through the nose for those two pets if you don't. You might as well sink that money into Research.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:44 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siege [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not too bad until you need to buy your level 34 pet, which is selling for 500+ plat at the moment. God only knows what your level 49 pet is going to sell for when it hits the market.

I'd actually recommend doing the Research grind if you roll Necro because you're going to pay through the nose for those two pets if you don't. You might as well sink that money into Research.

Purchased my lvl 34 pet in EC for 250p the spell not pages. Saw two more sell for 300p so if anyone is paying 500p+ for the lvl 34 pet then they got bamboozled.

The lvl 39 pet is going for about 500p but lets be honest you can make that in 1hr as a Necro so not 100% sure why that's not a fair price.

These are based on Green market so Teal may be whole other beast.
Old 12-10-2019, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siege [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's probably not great advice. There are folks on the forums and in the discord doing research combines for free. Also a necro with an outdated pet is still a stronger soloer than most everyone else. I clearly remember missing some pets on blue and classic and it not being too big of a deal.

I mean, I seem to recall from my necro on blue that I couldn't send in a current-tier pet for a whole fight and/or buffed or else he'd steal exp anyway.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 12-10-2019 at 02:09 PM..
Closed Thread