Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 01:17 PM
Large Rat

Default Acquiring Magic Weapons lvl 13-15 Shaman + SK - Evil

Hi,

What is the most effective way to get a magic weapon for a Troll SK and Shaman at levels 13 / 15.

We each have 100p. I saw a similar thread on reddit but it seemed to be a quest for good races.

We plan on hunting Najena + Befallen + Undead Gnolls in East Karana.

In game names are Ramum and Trumtrum
Old 11-18-2019, 02:01 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

The easiest guaranteed option is to “rent” Combine weapons from Gypsies. Combine weapons are nothing special; their stats are identical to Fine Steel except for being magical. I say you “rent” them because you can resell the weapons back to a vendor for about 85% of their purchase cost. The up front expense (a little over 60p for the 1hers) is high, but really it’s more like a 10p net cost to use it as long as needed after you resell it upon acquiring a superior weapon.
Old 11-22-2019, 10:37 AM
Sarnak

The grobb cleaver is super easy to get, mob is solo-melee warrior at lvl 20 and you could ask somebody to help kill him.

If I hadn't switched to my trolly SK from my shaman I would have camped the warbone skelly in lavastorm. Spawn starts in front of Nagena, paths thru the goblin camps and the PH's are pretty obvious. He is rare but with your SK pet you can use the tracking trick (make a hot button for /pet attack a warbone and if he is up zone wide the pet will respond.
Old 11-22-2019, 04:21 PM
Aviak

On Green someone was trying to sell a Bone Blade all night for 100p.
Old 11-22-2019, 04:47 PM
Fire Giant

Could also campy Dorn in NRO for a Dragoon dirk. Might need to form a party though.
Old 11-23-2019, 06:06 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelbor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The easiest guaranteed option is to “rent” Combine weapons from Gypsies. Combine weapons are nothing special; their stats are identical to Fine Steel except for being magical. I say you “rent” them because you can resell the weapons back to a vendor for about 85% of their purchase cost. The up front expense (a little over 60p for the 1hers) is high, but really it’s more like a 10p net cost to use it as long as needed after you resell it upon acquiring a superior weapon.
This. SK could probably find a BBC in East Commons for 50-100, but the shaman is probably gonna have to get that Combine Spear. Or if you're on teal, I could sell ya a Bloodforge Hammer for 10pp. Barb Shaman myself and just bought my Combine Spear. Plenty happy with it.

This is a questable option if you're low on pp as well- https://wiki.project1999.com/The_Emissary can give a 5/31 spear.
Closed Thread