Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 09:34 AM
Sarnak

I've seen three mentions here of the druid class being radically different if geared properly. Can someone explain this with some specific examples?
Old 10-19-2018, 09:51 AM
Sarnak

But, Gatmanno specifically mentioned HP>Mana as being the pivotal difference between a druid that is geared appropriately and inappropriately. What kind of huge difference can this make?
Old 10-19-2018, 09:52 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Es legs or robe for free heals, tunare gloves for free DS, epic for dot and snare, SS wrist for extra dot, warden symbol of tunare for root. I'm sure I'm missing stuff
SS BP + Fungi = 30 hp/tick
With manastone that's 10 mana/tick whether sitting or not, thats almost on par with C2
Old 10-19-2018, 10:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maschenny [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But, Gatmanno specifically mentioned HP>Mana as being the pivotal difference between a druid that is geared appropriately and inappropriately. What kind of huge difference can this make?
HP and AC from raid gear means a Druid can become not as squishy as your typical cookie cutter EC geared one. Having more HP means when you have a charm break ( which is what all high end solo ing turns into for most ) you won't get waffle stomped into the ground by your hasted pet and can channel a recharm.

I have had to channel recharms while tanking 22 or A4 hobbits countless times and its because of the oodles of extra HP and AC I have from raid gear, I'm able to manage the situation. Without the extra stats, your margin for error shrinks considerably and you have to re-consider even attempting some encounters solo because it basically turns into an RNG crapshoot whether your charm will break or not.

So in a nutshell, a raid geared BIS druid can approach a wide variety of difficult encounters with solo success that a normal druid couldn't even consider as a possibility.
Last edited by Erati; 10-19-2018 at 10:14 AM..
Old 10-19-2018, 10:06 AM
Sarnak

Ahh, that clears it up! Thank you.
Old 10-19-2018, 10:16 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maschenny [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've seen three mentions here of the druid class being radically different if geared properly. Can someone explain this with some specific examples?
Druids have the ability to charm mid to high-dps pets in a handful of zones or play enchanter with puppet strings. By raid gearing your druid you can mimic what an enchanter with 10k in droppables can do. It truly is amazing.
Old 10-19-2018, 10:35 AM
Planar Protector

Red face

Druids can reach roughly 5k HP and 1200AC with full buffs, and using Ro's Sundering and Fixation they can generate more aggro than probably any other class.

This lets you play tank on encounters like Fear golems, Lodizal, Ragefire, some Sky bosses, fake Faydedar, King, etc. It turns you into a puller by allowing you to bomb in, Ensnare a select mob (e.g., King Tranix or a DN weapon rat), haul ass back out and Egress, then come back for the kill--often faster than an FD class could do it. Crowd control using mobility becomes trivial even in tighter spaces or for summoning mobs, or you can just offtank them while self healing. DS pots + Druid damage shield are fairly great DPS.

Strings further increase your monstrous potential by leveraging your 70% pet haste and damage shield, or, at least in Velious, you can just charm one of the mammals that exist in most zones, both of which combine amazingly with a Spring Robe for mana- and aggro-free half Torpor. (Strings and Spring Robe are the most important clickies, IMO). And, thanks to your immense survivability, you don't particularly need to fear charm breaks. Most often, you can simply facetank a mob that would vaporize an Enchanter until it's recharmed.

This is all on top of the "normal" class abilities, which you can do at the same time as these things. And while I did my best here, it's hard to capture all the benefits in a generalized sense. You definitely need to understand how you can use all your abilities on a per encounter basis to realize them. But, to put it shortly: Druids were designed to be a jack of all trades class. With appropriate Velious gear, they can be turned into a master of all trades, though what's "appropriate" requires going a bit off the beaten path.
Old 10-19-2018, 11:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They are prob still the worst VP class tho
I have brought my druid to VP like three times total and two of those was to loot an item lol.
Old 10-19-2018, 11:10 AM
Sarnak

Lastly, do you know the whereabouts of these known pirates?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Salmon Boiis2.jpg (21.5 KB, 1 views)
Old 10-19-2018, 11:15 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
They are prob still the worst VP class tho
This raises a good question. What does a Druid do in VP?
Closed Thread